Headlight bulb change

pipski99

Reaction score
Guys, just wondered if anybody can shed some light (get it?) on how to get to the headlight bulb if / when it need to be replaced?

Mine doesn't yet but I want to have spares ready and know how to change it when it is needed. I haven't really checked in to it other than having a quick look at the headlight unit which seems sealed all around.

Cheers.

Del Mar

Reaction score
Guys, just wondered if anybody can shed some light (get it?) on how to get to the headlight bulb if / when it need to be replaced?

Mine doesn't yet but I want to have spares ready and know how to change it when it is needed. I haven't really checked in to it other than having a quick look at the headlight unit which seems sealed all around.

Cheers.
I think you have to remove the engine and front forks to access the underside of the lamp unit.

Sorry, couldn't resist some silliness there..............

wayne01

Reaction score
DSC_0529.jpg Remove allen bolt just above front indicator (both sides) pull headlight forward slightly, and pull up. Located on u shaped bracket on bottom of light assy should all come away quite easy. will still have headlight loom attached but easy enough to change bulb easier to do than explain lol

pipski99

Reaction score
Top bloke Wayne, thanks for the help.

Should help others too when the time comes that they need to know this.

Martyn6241

Reaction score
Had 23 bikes, never had a headlight bulb blow, would worry about how your going to get the bike to go round corners lol

pipski99

Reaction score
I had 2 bulbs blow on my FZ6 which I owned for 2 years so I just want to be prepared like a good cub scout.

They're bulbs, bulbs blow. It's an imperfect world.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
U mite wanna know that after u have taken the 4 side bolts out that u have to pop the 2 bottom rubber grommets out before u can drop the headlight forward. I put a H7 bulb in mine the other day and it's a pain in the arse lol

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
U mite wanna know that after u have taken the 4 side bolts out that u have to pop the 2 bottom rubber grommets out before u can drop the headlight forward. I put a H7 bulb in mine the other day and it's a pain in the arse lol
Tell me about it! Damn pain in the ass to get the grommets back in. In the user manual they make it sound so easy, but when you actually change the bulb... OMG I was going crazy. But finally got them in...

FreakyFreak

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Top tip to get the grommets back in....

Push it in as far as u can then screw the bolt in a little bit and pull the grommets thru. Unscrew and hay presto, grommets back in lol

PaulG

Reaction score
They are Well Nuts not grommets and they do not have to be disturbed to change a headlight bulb.