Headlight Recall

relz

Reaction score
I was browsing the Yamaha International sites (looking for someone to contact regarding the ecu remap), and reached the Yamaha Motors Japan site.

My Japanese isn't too great, but thanks to Google Translate it seems that there is a new recall regarding the headlight wiring. I actually read someone complain about this, the other day, in one of the forums.... don't remember where.

Part of the GoogleTranslated page:
For recall about the MT-09

September 2, 2014

This time, in regard of our recall, deeply apologize, that we apologize a great deal of inconvenience and worry to everyone for your loyal.
 Guests are asked to contact, we are implementing a free repair directly to the customer, which is currently held by the recalled vehicles. Jewels humbled at the very busy schedule, but I would like to ask for your cooperation please.

Recall notification number 3423 Recall Start Date September 3, 2014
Site of the defect (part name) Headlight (electrical wiring)
Structure it finds that the incompatibility is in the reference state, the cause and circumstances of performance or equipment For maneuverability of the headlamp electrical wiring is inappropriate, some electrical wiring is bent by moving to the left and right handle. Therefore, by continuing the use of the box, there is a possibility that electric wires bent was repeated disconnection, the Fuakari the headlamp.
Contents of the improvement measures Add a sub-harness all vehicles, the headlight electrical wiring, I want to change the maneuverability.
Car's name Model Alias ​​name Production period and range of (serial number) chassis number of recalled vehicles The number of recalled vehicles Remarks
Yamaha EBL-RN34J "MT-09" RN34J-000366 ~ RN34J-002863
19 August 2014 - Heisei March 3, 2014 1,012 units
"MT-09A" RN34J-000016-002848 RN34J ~
19 August 2014 ~ Heisei February 3, 2014 1,834 units
(A total of 1 Model) (A total of two models) (Entire range of production period)
August 19, 2014 - Heisei February 3, 2014 (A total of 2,846 units)

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Love the fact his 'Jewels are humbled'. That's what I call commitment to the job!

Stripy

Reaction score
Hmm, one of my wires snapped, just before setting of to Th'Alps, crimped a new on.

Better get in touch with dealer then, to see if others is affected, as my VIN starts with ARN291xxx and not in this range

Partridge

Reaction score
I had a problem with the wire for my full beam breaking off. I fixed it myself. But there is definitely not enough slack on the rest of the wires that go into the back of the headlight bulb. Will be looking to get this recall done if it is on offer

PaulG

Reaction score
I extended the wiring to fit a LED lamp so it's not a problem for me.I will probably go back to halogen.

marthy

Reaction score
My headlight stop working this week. I tough the ballast on the HID kit might have go wrong... I'll peak in there first. Thanks.

Birdy

Reaction score
No probs i can see, but my main beam flasher stopped working for a while , but is ok now, and as we all know , electrical problems always fix themselves.....:rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No probs i can see, but my main beam flasher stopped working for a while , but is ok now, and as we all know , electrical problems always fix themselves.....:rolleyes:
Snap. I had the same problem with my "pass" button a few weeks after I bought the bike. A quick squirt of GT85 and it's been right as rain ever since lol

Twozup

Reaction score
JUST HAD LETTER IN TODAY TO SAY MY BIKE BEING RECALLED FOR ISSUES WITH HEADLIGHT WIRING BEING STRETCHED ON FULL LOCK

MY CHASSIS NO STARTS WITH RN

BIT WORRYING ITS TAKEN NEARLY 6 MONTHS FROM BEING IDENTIFIED AS PER O.P.'s ORIGINAL COMMENTS REGARDING JAP RECALL??

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JUST HAD LETTER IN TODAY TO SAY MY BIKE BEING RECALLED FOR ISSUES WITH HEADLIGHT WIRING BEING STRETCHED ON FULL LOCK

MY CHASSIS NO STARTS WITH RN

BIT WORRYING ITS TAKEN NEARLY 6 MONTHS FROM BEING IDENTIFIED AS PER O.P.'s ORIGINAL COMMENTS REGARDING JAP RECALL??

Jesus H Christ how the fuck are u dear boy??? We've missed u.....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All good Trips been popping in and out every now n again to keep my eye in on the scene mate.

How's trix your end?

Well...! It's nice to see u back. For good I hope. Fly and Birdy keep picking on me lol.

Take a look at a thread called "fookin Porsche drivers" and u will see how I'm going lol

Twozup

Reaction score
Well...! It's nice to see u back. For good I hope. Fly and Birdy keep picking on me lol.

Take a look at a thread called "fookin Porsche drivers" and u will see how I'm going lol
Haha them Good Ole Boys!

Nah mate won't hang around too long the hacking incident pissed me off too much - it's nice being invisible and just peeping in now n again!

Take care y'all!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha them Good Ole Boys!

Nah mate won't hang around too long the hacking incident pissed me off too much - it's nice being invisible and just peeping in now n again!

Take care y'all!!

Fair enuf. Take care buddy