Heated Grips Installed

Timbo108

Reaction score
Bought the Yamaha Universal Heated Grips and installed on the 2019 MT09. The optional harness made things easy, plugging into the left side off the GW module. Went pretty smooth routing wires to keep it clean, Found out the 2amp "terminal" fuse immediately blows, replaced with 5 amp. The grips aren't as "rubbery" as the original, kinda bummed about that, Looking forward to riding. Got 3" of stinking snow this morning though...maybe tire studs???

kev

Reaction score
I've gone for heated gloves, running of the bike electrics, a bit of a nusence having to plug them in when you get on and off the bike but having 3 bikes you only need the one pair of gloves, also I've put the same plug on the optimate so can use for battery maintenance.

JohnB

Reaction score
I had my Yamaha grips installed before delivery and the dealer did not use the optional harness. Mine are wired direct to the battery and can use the built-in timer to switch them off once stopped (if I forget).
I am using one of the standard AUX outlets for LED driving lights (to be seen rather then see) and the other for a SatNav mount.

olivierzx

Reaction score
Bought the Yamaha Universal Heated Grips and installed on the 2019 MT09. The optional harness made things easy, plugging into the left side off the GW module. Went pretty smooth routing wires to keep it clean, Found out the 2amp "terminal" fuse immediately blows, replaced with 5 amp. The grips aren't as "rubbery" as the original, kinda bummed about that, Looking forward to riding. Got 3" of stinking snow this morning though...maybe tire studs???
You want your bike to burn ?
The 2A circuit you're using (after replacing the fuse by a 5A) is not made for this, the cables are to small.

There is a special circuit allready protected by a 5 A fuse.

Timbo108

Reaction score
You want your bike to burn ?
The 2A circuit you're using (after replacing the fuse by a 5A) is not made for this, the cables are to small.

There is a special circuit allready protected by a 5 A fuse.
The 5 amp fuse located on the right front didnt blow, The 2 amp fuse in the main compartment(near battery) is what blew. I was suprized because I thought the front fuse controlled the white GW plug located on the front left side, so why did the fuse labeled "terminal" blow?