Hello and ahhhh I can't decide, help

Pikeman

Reaction score
Test rode an mt09 this week and now I want one but I just can't decide which one; a new one latest version I can get for £7k or a 2015 new with akra exhaust for about £6700 or a 2014 with just 4000 miles for £5500 with aftermarket exhaust, tail tidy , fly screen and comfort seat. The used bike is not in my first choice colour though . Advice please, which would you buy ?

andrewmt09

Reaction score
The akra exhaust sounds amazing. Have you heard it compared to the standard? That's what I would go for (albeit on the Tracer)

loneranger

Reaction score
new on mate Are yamaha still doing the free ackra i got a free one last year

loneranger

Reaction score
if you negotiate hard they will fit any accessories fro you at time of purchase. I had tail tidy, indicators, heated grips and alarm fitted for free labour. I just bought the parts from them

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Test rode an mt09 this week and now I want one but I just can't decide which one; a new one latest version I can get for £7k or a 2015 new with akra exhaust for about £6700 or a 2014 with just 4000 miles for £5500 with aftermarket exhaust, tail tidy , fly screen and comfort seat. The used bike is not in my first choice colour though . Advice please, which would you buy ?
I rode the new model with TC and i felt that is tammed compare to the first versions. Avoid to buy the new... A mode in new is like STD mode in olders.
Get the cheapest if it's equipped with ABS (is a "must" IMO if you riding on slippery roads).

bobh

Reaction score
I recently got the 2015 with free Akra, and I reckon I made the right choice. Who needs TC when you've got a working right wrist?

That's tempting fate - it'll probably high-side me tomorrow! :eek:

Spook99

Reaction score
Pikeman,
May your problems never get harder that what bike to buy!! The most pleasurable conundrum I look forward to whenever I change my bike.

For looks you gotta walk up it each morning and it should make the 10 year old inside your head smile and go 'Oh yeah', so don't compromise on the colour. I just had the Yammy Akro on my 2015 Tracer and absolutely love it and if they've tamed the newer one a bit, there'd be no choice for me!