Hello from North Wales

rockcatch

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m Andy, and I’ve now had my Tracer 900 for just over two weeks and finished the breaking in period today.

Prior to the Tracer I had a Tiger Explorer which was on 58,000 miles when traded in. So far the Tracer seems great. It is significantly lighter than the Explorer and even during the running in at relatively low revs it has seemed quite nippy. The lights are excellent, and when using the fog lights too it is like a helicopter spot light in front of the bike.

After hitting 1000 miles today I was able to open her up a bit more, and it’s definitely able to overtake as well or better than the Tex. I’ve had it in mode std with traction control at 2 so far.

The route today included some narrow Welsh roads with leaves, cow and sheep dung, and the occasional flooded bit. The traction control only kicked in once and that was on a wet cattle grid.

I got her at Chorley Yamaha and found them to be a good dealer. They fitted all the extras I wanted and the first service was done efficiently. The first ride home from the dealer was via Yorkshire and the Lake District with some rain so I had an opportunity to get to know the bike. The only change after that was swapping the screen for an MRA one. I think that has also improve the looks of the bike.

Here’s a few photos from the trips so far.

Last edited:

flying circus

Reaction score
Stunning pictures and a beautiful bike many happy safe miles. I too had a tiger explorer and some aspects impressed especially roll on overtaking power but I'm sure my Tracer offers similar performance. I also had the additional spot lights fitted worth every penny and the genuine Yamaha heated grips are very good.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Andy, Great pics :)

Just wondering do you have the Original Yamaha top box? as mine seems to move left and right when mounted (well it's actually the plate that moves) the dealer told me this was normal but I still have my doubts, Do you have the same issue? Cheers Martin

rockcatch

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Andy, Great pics :)

Just wondering do you have the Original Yamaha top box? as mine seems to move left and right when mounted (well it's actually the plate that moves) the dealer told me this was normal but I still have my doubts, Do you have the same issue? Cheers Martin
I do have the original box and I noticed whilst cleaning the bike earlier this week that the plate moves slightly to the left and right. It seems to be designed that way. The panniers and top box on my Explorer were designed to do the same thing. Apparently it’s to do with leaning.