Hello

SteveV

Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Steve and I have to come clean and admit that I have been riding BMWs on the road for the last ten years.

Now that I've got that out the way, I can say that after a recent test ride on a Tracer I was hooked.

I already have two BMW GSs, an 1150 & a 1200, and had considered chopping them both in for a new water-cooled GS.
Well, by the time that all of the seemingly obligatory bells & whistles have been added on, the cost was about the same as TWO Tracers!!!.....no contest.

The test ride proved that the Tracer was great fun, had a lovely bit of character and was such good value.
I'm really looking forward to it.

I intend to use the Tracer a lot in Europe, as I did the GS. So the first trip is planned for May, when we hope to head off to the Pyrenees for about three weeks.

I have been riding since I was 16 in 1976.
Starting off on the inevitable Fizzy and progressing upwards over the years. In the early '90s a ZZR1100 convinced me that my life was in danger of being considerably shortened had I continued to use its performance on the public highway.
This lead to 15 years of green laning, Sport Adventure Raids in France and competing in Enduros.
Eventually a head that thought that it was considerably younger than the body to which it was attached, resulted in several visits to Hotel NHS.
So I rashly assumed that by the age of 45 I was sufficiently calmed to venture back to the road, so long as it was with something sensible. Hence the GS1150.

I still continue to regularly ride off road, mostly in France and the Pyrenees. It keeps me on my toes & satisfies my thirst for adrenaline. Or course I still fall off a lot, but thats all part of the game.

A nice parcel has just arrived with UPS from Accessori Moto Store, Vendita accessori moto on line in ITALY

Its my new GIVI pannier set. It was around £150 cheaper, with free postage, and here in less than a week.

Stripy

Reaction score
Hello Steve, and welcome.

Congratulations on your new purchase.
Im not at all jealous of your 3 weeks in the Pyrenees.... not at all...! :)

Patrick

Reaction score
Enjoy Steve. You did say your first trip this year. Three weeks. How many weeks of vacation, or Holiday do you have or is common in a year? I know I butchered that, but hopefully you can piece it together.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome!

Funnily enough my last 2 on line purchases were from Motocard. a Spanish outfit and the service/deliver (not to mention the price!) were very good

I'm waiting on my Tracer as well, should be getting it in March so will post pics

All the best