Helmet Bluetooth

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Hello all,

Got a BT-S2 Bluetooth, mainly to be able to listen to Waze (satnav) instructions, and occasionally taking phone calls. Trouble is that I am able to understand people correctly up to about 35 mph, up until 45mph I can just about understand. Anything above that and I just hear mumble.

The instructions for Waze are a lot more clear (higher volume).

I wear hearplugs from pinlock which are fantastic by the way, and have a windshield deflector which is reducing wind noise quite dramatically.

I guess the question there is: does anyone equipped with Bluetooth able to have a conversation at motorway speed?

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Why not have custom made earplugs with speakers inside them and plug into the Bluetooth headset if you can afford them, that's what I use with my scala system

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Well, how much did that set you back? Also, my Bluetooth set would have to be changed.

Honestly would rather invest in an airbag vest - was looking at them today after seeing a demonstration yesterday and ffs £460!!! That should be far cheaper than that!!

fizzy

Reaction score
I use a senna 10s works fine with earplugs and it claims a 1km range connected with up to 3 other headsets in reality it's about half that but works well over motorway speeds

robin

Reaction score
I had a Sena 20s that I’ve just changed for a Sena Momentum Helmet. It has a Sena 20s integrally fitted with a larger battery, 20hrs. It works very well, no matter what speed and the caller doesn’t even know your on a bike.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Custom made earplugs with mini speakers are about £130 but are well worth it in the long run, as long as your headset as an auxiliary socket for them

El Bandito

Reaction score
I’ve got a SENA 10U fitted in my Shoei GT-Air. I use ear plugs as well and recently went from Edinburgh to Portsmouth and back mainly cruising around 90 on the motorway and had no problem listening to music on my iPhone, making phone calls and listening to Google maps telling me how to detour from the M6 via the Cat n Fiddle for a bit of fun.