Here it is

Coopie

Reaction score
Thought I would put a few piccies up of my scoot
I bought it 4 weeks ago from Maidstone Laguna with the carbon Akro , Yamaha tail tidy and Givi screen fitted by the dealer .
Since then I have added the flip up levers , Puig radiator covers , Yamaha case savers , fender extender , Yamaha comfort seat
and the icing on the cake a Maxton GP10 shock .

Shock 3.jpg

MT-09 Farkles 026.jpg

MT-09 Farkles 017.jpg

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
looks excellent. you could use some hand guards to go with that screen :p

Coopie

Reaction score
looks excellent. you could use some hand guards to go with that screen :p
Funny you should say that ........ I bought some yesterday and the seller said he would post them out today ;)

lee1980

Reaction score
Good colour choice hehe, I wish my arrow system still looked so shiny riding in rain/salt has really taken shine off it!

How much was the Maxton? Was there options and is it sprung to your weight?

Fluke

Reaction score
Funny you should say that ........ I bought some yesterday and the seller said he would post them out today ;)
Hi Coopie
Can you post some pics when they're fitted and a link to where you bought them, please.
I'm thinking of doing the same and my toy looks like yours so it'd be good to see how they look.
Cheers mate
Fluke

Coopie

Reaction score
Good colour choice hehe, I wish my arrow system still looked so shiny riding in rain/salt has really taken shine off it!

How much was the Maxton? Was there options and is it sprung to your weight?
Deffo the best colour , and probably fastest :p

Full price on the Maxton GP10 is £850 , and yup they spring it to your weight . If you turn up to their shop they will fit and do all the settings .
I bought it second hand , only 6 months old for £400 . And the guy was the same weight as me . How lucky am I ??
I didn't know for certain it would / could fit , but I thought at that price I could have resold it if it didn't .
They don't recommend that shock for the MT-09 cos you have to do a bit of cutting the plastic undertray

Coopie

Reaction score
Hi Coopie
Can you post some pics when they're fitted and a link to where you bought them, please.
I'm thinking of doing the same and my toy looks like yours so it'd be good to see how they look.
Cheers mate
Fluke
Will do , ooooo hang on I think I have a pic of some fitted

$_57.jpg

Coopie

Reaction score
tis I. Dropped off the parcel today. You should get it midweek.
Ha ha .. what's the odds ?? . Thanks again . That will be soooo much quicker than Laguna cos they can't get any in for a couple of weeks .
They say the importer is out of stock . DOH
So why did you decide to take them off ??
Is this your bike ^^

flipper

Reaction score
Ha ha .. what's the odds ?? . Thanks again . That will be soooo much quicker than Laguna cos they can't get any in for a couple of weeks .
They say the importer is out of stock . DOH
So why did you decide to take them off ??
Is this your bike ^^
ha ha yes that's my bike - same screen as yours too!

I only used them a couple of times. They worked really well to keep the wind off my hands. Decided to go a different direction with the goodies so I've took them off, along with the screen and tail tidy. Looking to buy a couple of other bits with the cash.

I bought them from Italy on Ebay - don't remember the shop but there's normally a few on there.

Coopie

Reaction score
ha ha yes that's my bike - same screen as yours too!

Decided to go a different direction with the goodies so I've took them off, along with the screen and tail tidy..
Turbo / supercharger perhaps ? :D

Chaz

Reaction score
Nice mods. How much more comfortable is the seat than stock? Getting my new bike tomorrow, only have a short demo ride to reflect on and I dont think the standard seat was great at all.

The screen looks decent, not as 'fancy' as some of the others but looks very functional, does it make much difference?

Coopie

Reaction score
Nice mods. How much more comfortable is the seat than stock?

The screen looks decent, not as 'fancy' as some of the others but looks very functional, does it make much difference?
Hi Chaz , bet you can't sleep tonight ;) . You will really love it .

As for the seat , yup it's deffo better than stock , and as I got mine second hand and half the price of new then a great buy . I am doing one and a half hours beffore
I start shuffling about . That is about a tank full of spirited riding so a welcome break to let the blood flow while I fill up .
Today I had to use the M25 (which is never fun) and it was a mess , 60's 50's and even a few 40's at times and I was in the saddle for close to 2 hours and it was fine .
Just as a side issue the average consuption when I got there was 67 mpg , so the little tank can last if you need it to . 160 miles before I needed fuel 12.3 litres.

The screen is Givi , fitted when I bought it , and is deffo worth every penny . It covers the clocks so they get protection along with yourself . Highly recommended

MT-09 Wessons 007.jpg

Chaz

Reaction score
Hi Chaz , bet you can't sleep tonight ;) . You will really love it .

As for the seat , yup it's deffo better than stock , and as I got mine second hand and half the price of new then a great buy . I am doing one and a half hours beffore
I start shuffling about . That is about a tank full of spirited riding so a welcome break to let the blood flow while I fill up .
Today I had to use the M25 (which is never fun) and it was a mess , 60's 50's and even a few 40's at times and I was in the saddle for close to 2 hours and it was fine .
Just as a side issue the average consuption when I got there was 67 mpg , so the little tank can last if you need it to . 160 miles before I needed fuel 12.3 litres.

The screen is Givi , fitted when I bought it , and is deffo worth every penny . It covers the clocks so they get protection along with yourself . Highly recommended

View attachment 3016
Indeed, was up numerous times, 4am when I saw your post. Up now, watching F1 quali, then watching to see when it will rain this morning, then off to go collect the bike.