Hi from Western Slopes/Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

zone5

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a long time motorcyclist but new owner of a 2019 MT-09 SP. Looking forward to getting involved with this forum, and possibly catching up with like minded riders sometime... maybe when this mid-winter weather improves!

I love the bike, it “Had me at hello...” on the test ride. It’s not that I don’t want to grow up, I just probably never will! Even the SP with the KYB/Öhlins combo still needed some suspension mods to get to my liking, when time permits I’ll start a thread with all the history and details.

All the best, fellow owners.

chrs.

Last edited:

gussi

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a long time motorcyclist but new owner of a 2019 MT-09 SP. Looking forward to getting involved with this forum, and possibly catching up with like minded riders sometime... maybe when this mid-winter weather improves!

I love the bike, it “Had me at hello...” on the test ride. It’s not that I don’t want to grow up, I just probably never will! Even the SP with the KYB/Öhlins combo still needed some suspension mods to get to my liking, when time permits I’ll start a thread with all the history and details.

All the best, fellow owners.

chrs.

gussi

Reaction score
Hey Zone 5,

I’ve in Newcastle and have been a Suzuki rider for a while, but when I was looking for a mid-range bike to buy, the MT09 ticked every box, Loving it as well, so much fun to ride!
I put an Akrapovic exhaust on it ex dealer and it sounds sweet. Maybe we could catch up for a ride on day.

zone5

Reaction score
Hi JohnD and gussi, thanks for the greetings!

gussi, I have a long term motorcycling buddy who now lives near Port Stephens, so If I'm riding up that way I'll be sure to PM you.

chrs