hi from worcestershire

kriss

Reaction score
just wanted to say hello to everyone as yesterday at the age of 62 went and bought a new mt09 abs and should get it a week today. have had bikes since I was 13 yrs old including s4 monsters, sp2, zx6r, fz1n and a heck of a lot more. thought a year ago id give up biking but its always there in your blood so cant wait until next week now.:D

Last edited:

Chaz

Reaction score
Awesome, welcome. Just hit 500 miles on my ABS bike. What colour have you gone for?

bingowatts

Reaction score
HI, welcome. We,e almost enough to start a Worcestershire chapter. I,m an old git as well and live just outside Worcester. Good luck with the new bike.

kriss

Reaction score
hi guys and many thanks for the welcomes. I live in Kidderminster and colour I went for was orange nice deep orange. nice to know there are a few close to me and we should all get together ride outs etc would be awesome. don't let my age fool you as I may be old in age but very young at heart :D:D:D

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
hi guys and many thanks for the welcomes. I live in Kidderminster and colour I went for was orange nice deep orange. nice to know there are a few close to me and we should all get together ride outs etc would be awesome. don't let my age fool you as I may be old in age but very young at heart :D:D:D
Welcome Kriss, did u get from Motorcyclemart? If so... Me too!

kriss

Reaction score
Welcome Kriss, did u get from Motorcyclemart? If so... Me too!
hi matey, yes I did and paid cash so got a good discount so I take it your not to far from me then ? shopping for goodies for it tomorrow lol. I think its due in next Friday :D

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Not too far... Just outside Dudley.. Bought mine from steve last June... Enjoying it... Theres a regular bike meet at the wagon on the norton road every friday... Sometimes i go... But not tonight, out with the trouble and strife..

Sandwell bikers are planning a day out on the 31st May to Devils Bridge.... I will meet them there as theres quite a few and we have a small group anyway... Dont like too many... We usually meet in kiddi/stourport..

fizzy

Reaction score
just wanted to say hello to everyone as yesterday at the age of 62 went and bought a new mt09 abs and should get it a week today. have had bikes since I was 13 yrs old including s4 monsters, sp2, zx6r, fz1n and a heck of a lot more. thought a year ago id give up biking but its always there in your blood so cant wait until next week now.:D
Hi mate nice to see you still riding at you tender age I am 51 and been riding since I was 10, gives me hope for the future, you will love the mt enjoy the new bike and the forum:cool:

kriss

Reaction score
Hi mate nice to see you still riding at you tender age I am 51 and been riding since I was 10, gives me hope for the future, you will love the mt enjoy the new bike and the forum:cool:
hi fizzy, to be honest 12 months ago I sold my last bike thinking right that's the end of bikes for me but once its in your blood it dosnt matter how old you are its there. as soon as I saw and did a load of reading up about the mt09 I thought ive got to have one of those and took me back many years ago thinking about the 350 ypvs I owned so its always there bubbling away inside. ive always loved my bikes and shooting with a passion and I did last 12 months without a bike lol. the forum is ace with lots of folks in my area with same bikes. today im up very early like a big kid excited about going out to bike shops buying goodies lol :D:D:D

Bollins

Reaction score
Morning, hope you enjoy the bike I also have an orange MT09 best bike I have ever owned, Im also in Worcestershire and live just up the road.
I had my wheels powder coated orange(£60. the pair) and put a GPR end can on(£219) it sounds and looks awesome. I also fitted a stone guard kit very similar to venture shield but cheaper, its a clear film that protects the forks tank and sides of the radiator ; 13 months on and no stone chips (£55.) all I want to do now is change the levers.
All the Best Bollins

fizzy

Reaction score
hi fizzy, to be honest 12 months ago I sold my last bike thinking right that's the end of bikes for me but once its in your blood it dosnt matter how old you are its there. as soon as I saw and did a load of reading up about the mt09 I thought ive got to have one of those and took me back many years ago thinking about the 350 ypvs I owned so its always there bubbling away inside. ive always loved my bikes and shooting with a passion and I did last 12 months without a bike lol. the forum is ace with lots of folks in my area with same bikes. today im up very early like a big kid excited about going out to bike shops buying goodies lol :D:D:D
You are totally right mate when I got the mt some of my mates said "what's it like" the only way I could get my point was to say it's like having a LC350 again:)
And has put the fun factor back into bike's for me yamaha should have called it a LC850!;)

And couple of years ago I was sat having a coffee on my own at a cafe near Scarborough and a old guy ( probably in his late 70s) shuffled up to the bike a r1 at the time and started looking at it and asked me questions about who was going to win at the TT, and what he thought about moto gp , then he said "how many bikes have you had son?"
I told him I didn't want to brag but it was over 50 he just paused for a moment and then said "once it's in your blood you're fucked!" and shuffled off:)

kriss

Reaction score
Morning, hope you enjoy the bike I also have an orange MT09 best bike I have ever owned, Im also in Worcestershire and live just up the road.
I had my wheels powder coated orange(£60. the pair) and put a GPR end can on(£219) it sounds and looks awesome. I also fitted a stone guard kit very similar to venture shield but cheaper, its a clear film that protects the forks tank and sides of the radiator ; 13 months on and no stone chips (£55.) all I want to do now is change the levers.
All the Best Bollins
hi bollins, so where do you live in worcs then ? I picked orange as it was so deeper orange I just loved it. just been up to streetbike Halesowen but ended up back at motorcycle mart and bought a rad guard plus tail tidy. after a screen but want a short one plus dark tint .im getting a complete free akki system with mine when it arrive which should be with bike next Friday but wont fit until run in.

kriss

Reaction score
You are totally right mate when I got the mt some of my mates said "what's it like" the only way I could get my point was to say it's like having a LC350 again:)
And has put the fun factor back into bike's for me yamaha should have called it a LC850!;)

And couple of years ago I was sat having a coffee on my own at a cafe near Scarborough and a old guy ( probably in his late 70s) shuffled up to the bike a r1 at the time and started looking at it and asked me questions about who was going to win at the TT, and what he thought about moto gp , then he said "how many bikes have you had son?"
I told him I didn't want to brag but it was over 50 he just paused for a moment and then said "once it's in your blood you're fucked!" and shuffled off:)
hi fizzy, I had a little chuckle after reading this and if I started counting now the bikes ive owned id be here a week. 2 times in the past 20 years ive owned 6 bikes at one time. cant wait to get mine should be bags of fun.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
welcome to the forum... I meet a few bikers from your neck of the woods at Crossgates, especially on Sundays, A44 seems popular with you lot.

Bollins

Reaction score
Hi mate I'm in Hagley. 4 of my mates have MT09s and all of them rate them.
You can't beat Kiddi for service and advice!

kriss

Reaction score
Hi mate I'm in Hagley. 4 of my mates have MT09s and all of them rate them.
You can't beat Kiddi for service and advice!
been through hagley this morning on way to streetbike. seems to be loads of mt09 bikes close to me so should be good for some rides.

kriss

Reaction score
welcome to the forum... I meet a few bikers from your neck of the woods at Crossgates, especially on Sundays, A44 seems popular with you lot.
many thanks mate and hopefully will get to meet soon and a few more by the sounds of things.