How do

looney tune

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just a wee hello from a long time lurker. Seriously thinking of changing my FZ1 for an MT 09.

Really great forum and full of information. cheers

Casey

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from a fellow new member

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just a wee hello from a long time lurker. Seriously thinking of changing my FZ1 for an MT 09.

Really great forum and full of information. cheers
I ran both FZ1 (Fazer version) and MT09 both together for a while, both equally as much fun, what you lose in outright top end on the MT you make up for in mid range and light weight, I have since traded the Fazer for a Tracer, which is just a much fun, but with more touring capabilities than my normal 09.

looney tune

Reaction score
Welcome chap. Do it, you won't be disappointed.
Hi Fulfilled,
I've been hankering now for over a year but every time I take my FZ out I think why ? I've recently had a back problem and think that that is now helping me make up my mind.
I contacted a member on a Fazer sight who changed over and he loved the MT 09 and still does by the looks of things as he still has it. Hello Locksmith if you are reading this.

Cheers

looney tune

Reaction score
I ran both FZ1 (Fazer version) and MT09 both together for a while, both equally as much fun, what you lose in outright top end on the MT you make up for in mid range and light weight, I have since traded the Fazer for a Tracer, which is just a much fun, but with more touring capabilities than my normal 09.
Thanks Trevorleigh

I"ll be honest and say I've never used the top end of the FZ's speed, especially on the roads I ride so the MT will be more than capable in that department. In reality anything over 125 is a pain in the neck ! As I said above, my back is now an issue and the MT could solve that by riding position and weight. With the FZ1n you have to work the gears to get the best out of the high revving loving engine which doesn't help with fuel, the MT solves both. ( now I'm even more convinced lol )

On the Tracer, I only go away an odd weekend and I'm not as keen on the looks. I like the MT 09 in deep armour and feel that will be the one for me. Just a matter of finding the right one at the right price, probably at a dealer as its hard to sell a bike private in my area, plus the hassle to be honest.

Cheers

Locksmith

Reaction score
Hi Looney :)

As I said before, I loved the FZ1 but it started to get a bit heavy. The MT is so light. Yes I spent a bit more on suspension and fuelling, but the MT made me do it - honest!

When I first got it I always rode in B mode, much more Fazer like feel, then I unleashed the beast with the fuel controllers and its A mode everywhere now :)

Yes you lose the top end grunt (and comfort at high speed) but that really is not an issue. Does eat tyres though!