How far does f-trip go?

M

MT account

still riding mine on the vintage stuff i drained out the dinosaurs.........much less snatchy on the throttle too.....must be subliminal?

matt.b

Reaction score
What's all this filling on the side stand about? Don't you just sit on the bike when you fill it and keep it level?

sporti

Reaction score
What's all this filling on the side stand about? Don't you just sit on the bike when you fill it and keep it level?
Aussie servo's wont let you do this, simply won't allow the pump to run.

The last excuse was .... "if you cover yourself in fuel & ride off up the road & someone flicks a cigarette butt out the window, we're liable. *cough bullshit cough* It's more of a runner risk I think.

M

MT account

they will fill you up in thailand while youre sat on the bike using your phone and lighting up a roll-up........aint the 3rd world a great place....

Kinjane

Reaction score
The (never ever recommend this to anyone ever ever) filler neck mod gets you an additional 0.8 litres to play with - but it won't extend the F-trip

M

MT account

im not a fan of the F trip......and i can go 100km plus between gas stations so say hello to my little friend.....
20140530_152208_LLS.jpg
.....i might order another.........just in case....

Mtpete

Reaction score
A tank 2 or 3 L bigger would be a welcome upgrade to any future MT 09.

Spot

Reaction score
I find it really annoying when the bike goes into f-trip when riding around rather than just stay on the trip meter.
FYI - There's nothing stopping you from pressing "Select" once it goes on F-Trip to get your Trip meter back.
And F-Trip carries on regardless in the background in case you did want to get it back at some point.
Also, from my experience it "remembers" how far you went on F-Trip if you stop overnight and then get back on it the next day.

M

MT account

FYI - There's nothing stopping you from pressing "Select" once it goes on F-Trip to get your Trip meter back.
And F-Trip carries on regardless in the background in case you did want to get it back at some point.
Also, from my experience it "remembers" how far you went on F-Trip if you stop overnight and then get back on it the next day.
lol! how many times have we jumped on a bike the next day and shot off down a long road without remembering the tank was nearly empty?.......too many times is my answer.....:)

Spot

Reaction score
lol! how many times have we jumped on a bike the next day and shot off down a long road without remembering the tank was nearly empty?.......too many times is my answer.....:)
Ha! The missus had been using my car for some reason for a couple of weeks and then she gave me a lift to the airport in it. I casually glanced over to see the petrol gauge emptier than I though possible. Flipped the on-board computer to "Range" and it said ZERO MILES.
Luckily we were just a few 100 meters from a petrol station. Would not have been happy missing my plane....... :)

M

MT account

Ha! The missus had been using my car for some reason for a couple of weeks and then she gave me a lift to the airport in it. I casually glanced over to see the petrol gauge emptier than I though possible. Flipped the on-board computer to "Range" and it said ZERO MILES.
Luckily we were just a few 100 meters from a petrol station. Would not have been happy missing my plane....... :)
my favorite was to jump on a classic bike after 6 months of winter and zip off down the road.......only to run out as it was near empty from last summer :(

Spot

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the car has an 80 L tank but managed to stick 83L in it so it was TRULY empty :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It does reset itself upon refilling. U just have to do a couple or 3 miles first lol

jerrybike

Reaction score
I was clocking 60.8 today on my 19 mt09 gt just on 18 ltr tank in a mode bit of every thing never seen the trip lite yet run to Scotland soon maybe then

grizzwald

Reaction score
Most I've had is 177 miles in bitch mode, 33 in f trip riding like a granny in search of fuel. Think it was on fumes as I got to the station. 😝