how much are you paying for 600 mile service?

davie

Reaction score
I have booked my bike in for its 600 mile service in a couple of weeks and was told it will be around £140. My reply was WTF £140 for a change of oil ffs.

Rab4x4

Reaction score
I will be collecting bike tomorrow ask that question was told about £100

lee1980

Reaction score
I remember my dealer saying for 2015 Yamaha would no longer be paying the dealers labour charges for first service, I bought mine 2014 picked up in Jan so was still legible for cheaper 1st service, was about £45 which it should be! I think throttle body sync is done that's quite involved to.

RatHead

Reaction score
Check page 11 of your "Warranty Handbook". It says (at least mine does) "The first service will be carried out without labour charge....unless agreed otherwise".

If the handbook still says this and you didn't agree othwerwise at point of purchase then I think you have a cast iron case for paying for parts (oil and filter) only.

big ade

Reaction score
i was told , as of january 1 st yamaha would not pay for the labour of the first service.
most other dealers have already stopped the 'free' first service, yamaha were the last one still doing it.
i've been told my first service will be £130 ( booked for 16 th may )
luckily i got a service plan, so will be using a voucher to cover the cost....

BUZZ

Reaction score
I picked mine up on sat and was told that it was subsidised and to expect a bill for £100...

WyldeMT

Reaction score
I paid £90 but £45 of that was an hours labour for fitting the tail tidy, rad covers and guard. They didnt charge for labour for the actual service.

Deadhead

Reaction score
Nothing was mentioned by the dealer so I'm expecting the same sort of price as the MT-07 I bought 6 months earlier which was something like £40. I won't be paying anything like £140 I can tell you that now!

Have just checked the warranty book and they have blanked out the free labour charge so it might be an interesting conversation when my 600 miles are up. Buying 2 bikes in less than 6 months I'm expecting them to look after me.

Last edited:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
In Greece the Yamaha importer/supporter company is providing all the new owners till today with a service booklet that has a coupone for free workshop maintenance at the first 600mi/1000km service. So, that way the new owners have to pay only for the cost of 3 liters of oil & oil filter.
The cost i had paid for 6000mi/10000km service was 80 euros.
For the oil changes at 5000km and 15000km they didn't charge me at all..! I've paid only the cost of oil.
I allready know that for 12000mi/20000km service i have to pay 120 euros for labour because the spark plugs must be changed too.

But here, the MT-09 costs more than in UK (8.890 euros) and there is no free Acra Ti for anyone..
Also here the price for Tracer is 9.990 euros.
In both prices we have to pay 130 euros more for number plate and registration.
Sorry for the off topic mates but i think that is usefull information considering our total costs as owners.:cool:

Last edited:

Psycho Paul

Reaction score
Bought my bike from Sondel in March. Had the first service done along with changing the Indicators and fit the Tail Tidy. They charged £110 including a new relay for the dinkey dinkers lol....GREAT SERVICE...

Bollins

Reaction score
My 600 mile service

I have booked my bike in for its 600 mile service in a couple of weeks and was told it will be around £140. My reply was WTF £140 for a change of oil ffs.
I had my MT09 from Kiddiminster Bike Mart they charged me £40.00 to cover the cost of the oil and filter, as for paying £140 for an oil change think I would seriously find another dealer!
Regards Bolls

MTom

Reaction score
£75 for my 600 mile service a week ago. About £35 parts and rest labour.

Deadhead

Reaction score
£75 for my 600 mile service a week ago. About £35 parts and rest labour.
That's more like it MTom I'd be happy with that kind of price. Got another 250 miles to go yet so will have to wait and see.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Mine was £42 last September, at the same time they did yam flash and fitted a 12v outlet, so only paid for 1/2 labour (£25) on top because of the 12v..

Scraggydog64

Reaction score
I paid £106:(
Ronnie the salesman Ian Bells the Yamaha dealer in Bedlington, Northumberland, told me Yamaha were going to change their policy of no labour charge on the first service but they were going to continue not to charge for labour.

They charged me a reasonable £38 for the oil filter and Motul Semi Synthetic oil. The mechanic rode the bike just to check everything was okay. Good service.

I ordered heated grips with the bike, I did not get a discount on them but fitting was included (When they arrive.).

First time I have dealt with them and very pleased to date.

thebiker

Reaction score
Had mine done yesterday £104.99 but not done by the supplying dealer as they are 2 hours away, done by Colin Appleyards in Keighley which is my closest at 50 minutes.