How to remove Tracer ECU (for re-flash) ?

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Eyup chaps, I would very much appreciate any guidance from you on how to go about removing the ECU on the Tracer, as I'm planning a re-flash (By Simon @ S-Tech) and need to remove the ECU to post it off.
I've done various searches on this forum and the T'Interweb but not found owt as yet. I'm guessing the ECU lives under the tank, but any info/instructions/links to instructions/photos that any of you have would be muchly appreciated !!

I use the bike every day so would rather have a wee bit of info to guide me and hopefully mean I can remove and replace the ECU fairly quickly so I can get the bike back on the road as soon as poss. As an aside, I'm loving this global warming malarkey, didn't even need the heated grips today ! A Merry Christmas to you and yours !!!

Cheers, Fletch

carsicchris

Reaction score
Hey up mate, remove plastics then tank you will see e.c.u. fitted onto top of airbox disconnect wiring plug then slide e.c.u.off

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, had a bash and pretty straightforward actually, needed to be careful removing some of plastic panels, and knowing where ECU lives was very useful, posted it off for re-flashing today ! Cheers, Fletch

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, had a bash and pretty straightforward actually, needed to be careful removing some of plastic panels, and knowing where ECU lives was very useful, posted it off for re-flashing today ! Cheers, Fletch
We received it safe and sound in the post today.