HOWTO: Install your own USB charger, controlled by ignition - Part 1

flipper

Reaction score
you could well be right............ it looked like a 2 pin plug to me in the photo but I've not seen one in the flesh.

lee1980

Reaction score
Once I seen the connector will order some from that site in USA.

Is the socket under right hand side air duct panel area?

flipper

Reaction score
Don't think this is compatible.
The auxiliary outlet seems to be a two pronged connector. I don't want the one that connects direct to the battery which is why I want to have a look at what the dealer has quoted me for.
just checked on the MT07 forum and the photos of the plug on that bike appears to be the same as the plug on the MT09.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Once I seen the connector will order some from that site in USA.

Is the socket under right hand side air duct panel area?
Yes.
It's behind the panel. You remove one screw then there are two plastic connectors. You press the middle bit in then the connector just comes away. The panel itself is held on quite tightly so needs a bit of effort to get it off.

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks, is that upside down? looks to be like this one then from this site, 2 types shown this one looks to be one with out the 2 ribs.

MT CONNECT.JPG

lee1980

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get this side panel off, I thought first off it was connected to a wire lol, the realised its a empty socket to receive terminals. I think I have found the male terminals needed on a UK site so see if they fit.

To confirm this plug is switched 12v only coming on with the ignition?

fizzy

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get this side panel off, I thought first off it was connected to a wire lol, the realised its a empty socket to receive terminals. I think I have found the male terminals needed on a UK site so see if they fit.

To confirm this plug is switched 12v only coming on with the ignition?
Yes had my heated grips running through it , but I am going to install a usb through it charger instead for use with a satnav

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks, I plan on adding some sort led running lights in the grills.

Is it possible multiple items could be connected to the same socket? Only drain things like

fizzy

Reaction score
Thanks, I plan on adding some sort led running lights in the grills.

Is it possible multiple items could be connected to the same socket? Only drain things like
not to sure but I don't think it a good idea to over load it might cause problems