Hyperpro suspension in my mt 09

guidow

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The suspension was upsetting me a bit so I decided to get a streetbox by Hyperpro. So here is a little write up:

The works:

1. The chrome of the front fork was already damaged due to the OEM seals and a bit of dirt. The chrome had tiny scratches in it. Solution was to put on new seals which were 20euro each (not OEM) and Neoprene fork protectors
2. The OEM seals were also not 'smooth' but a bit snatchy this translated into a more shocky feel when breaking or going over bumps
3. He lowered the front end a tad but I think I am going to adjust this back up because I am 6ft2 and need all the height I can get.
3. The dampening can't really be adjust too much so he suggested getting 'zuigers' (help me translate this dutch people) from a fireblade or any other suspension manufacturer but only if you really wanted to improve the front end even more
4. The rear suspension was a pain in the ass to get off and the C spanner is nearly impossible to use now too. If you ride two up a lot you need to get the hydraulic pre-load adjuster.

Total cost:

725 Euro's

Opinion:

The ride back home was along bendy river roads and different types of road surfaces. The suspension really out did itself on bumpy roads. The front did not dive as much under heavy breaking, I was also not bouncing around on my bike as much as I used to. Cornering felt more stable and the bike as a whole was more stable. Under hard breaking however the rear came up more than it used to but I am not 100% sure about this because I never had to emergency break with the old suspension.

That's it :) Will update on the rear end coming up once I have tweaked the settings a bit more.

Also a quick question to the ABS riders, can you stoppie with the ABS??
20140521_125626.jpg20140521_173200.jpg20140521_173237.jpg

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Nice work Guidow, i think that the translation of Dutch word " zuigens" maybe you mean the "cartridges" in front suspension..
I found that the cost of new back shock absorber and the front modification is reasonable alltough you didn't "revalving" the front.
The only thing i didn't like is the lowering of the front fork, which may make the bike "dance" at high speeds

guidow

Reaction score
hey man! So I figured out 'zuigers'. They are valves. So you can revalve them which is cheaper than cartridges. To be honest though the front feels fine. Will take it on a high speed run to see how it handles. As for 0-120 km/h it felt stable. let's see what 120-190 gets us :)

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Shldnt the hyperpro shock has a hydraulic preload adjustor.? I saw a photo from their website which showed one with it installed on a mt09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guidow

Reaction score
Shldnt the hyperpro shock has a hydraulic preload adjustor.? I saw a photo from their website which showed one with it installed on a mt09
A streetbox is like the 'stage 1' suspension set up. The hydraulic preload adjustor is only when you ride 2 up a lot.

guidow

Reaction score
Did a hard ride today. Suspension is in my opinion the best upgrade. My front wheel has almost no more chicken strips. Now I still need to do a two up ride and see how it feels.

Y

youngy

Did a hard ride today. Suspension is in my opinion the best upgrade. My front wheel has almost no more chicken strips. Now I still need to do a two up ride and see how it feels.
Was it the model 466 shock that came in the kit?

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score
I just bit the (big) bullet, and bought myself a street box for 575 euro shipped (international shipping). Its not cheap, but as far as suspension goes it's a pretty good price for front and rear upgrade.

Now I've got to sit back, wait for the shipping, apply Vaseline and wait for the local taxes to bone me [emoji44] .

guidow

Reaction score
Just came back from a ride from Amsterdam to Slovenia with only mountain passes. 3000km down the line I must say this upgrade is impeccable. Enjoy the suspension :). and when you sell your bike again down the line make sure to sell the shock separately. I have a feeling it will be pretty profitable.

relz

Reaction score
I just bit the (big) bullet, and bought myself a street box for 575 euro shipped (international shipping). Its not cheap, but as far as suspension goes it's a pretty good price for front and rear upgrade.

Now I've got to sit back, wait for the shipping, apply Vaseline and wait for the local taxes to bone me [emoji44] .
It arrived today in the mail, and some how miraculously avoided the taxes all together :)
I think it's because the local post was on strike in the past couple of weeks, so they weren't checking packages for taxes.

Can't wait to get it installed and go out for a spin!

relz

Reaction score

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride enough in the various situations, so I can't really report much about the suspension yet...
So far for straight driving on the highway they are fine :D