I'm in love

Coopie

Reaction score
Well it's official ......... I'm deffinetly in love :)

The moment I came to this conclusion was mid afternoon yesterday . I started the day with infatuation and lust . Just opening the garage door would make
me think how good the MT-09 is in the flesh / metal . So the sun was out and we had the whole day to ourselves to get really acquainted for the first
proper ride of the year . I chose to ride by myself so I didn't have to consider anyone else when pressing on .
We started gently (for me) , last bike 08 Fireblade ridden briskly so to speak . I kept to my favourite roads so there would be no
surprises to catch me out . Well after about 100 miles I realised I was taking a lot of the corners faster than I did on the Blade :eek:
What a bike ....... truly brilliant . I took a break at Wessons Cafe for a bite to eat and a few pics . Then off again for a further 150 miles before finishing
back at home . The engine is a peach , like a 21 jewel Swiss watch , the gearbox is as smooth as a gravy sandwich , and it changes direction as
fast as a flickknife .
The only thing I still need to sort is the front forks . Well that is booked in to PDQ on Friday with a set of Andreani cartridges to go in . That should sort
the yawing effect from the handlebars on the faster sweeping corners . I will report back later on that .
So it really is love ....... could I say the best bike I have ever ridden for the real world roads . The Fireblade has a higher top speed , but you never get
to use it if you want to keep your licence . I'm sure the MT picks up speed more quickly , and is infinately more flickable .
A couple of pics to show you the mods so far .

MT-09 Wessons 002.jpg

MT-09 Wessons 005.jpg

MT-09 Wessons 007.jpg

lee1980

Reaction score
Good colour choice! I agree on forks, those cartridges aint cheap! expect I will go for springs and oil first. I did find them great in the wet/cold weather back in January, now its warming up though notice the dive on front even with preload now wound up some, just no damping there it seems.

Coopie

Reaction score
Yup mine are wound up to the last line of preload and half a turn back from full in for rebound

sigtrm

Reaction score
Well it's official ......... I'm deffinetly in love :)

The moment I came to this conclusion was mid afternoon yesterday . I started the day with infatuation and lust . Just opening the garage door would make
me think how good the MT-09 is in the flesh / metal . So the sun was out and we had the whole day to ourselves to get really acquainted for the first
proper ride of the year . I chose to ride by myself so I didn't have to consider anyone else when pressing on .
We started gently (for me) , last bike 08 Fireblade ridden briskly so to speak . I kept to my favourite roads so there would be no
surprises to catch me out . Well after about 100 miles I realised I was taking a lot of the corners faster than I did on the Blade :eek:
What a bike ....... truly brilliant . I took a break at Wessons Cafe for a bite to eat and a few pics . Then off again for a further 150 miles before finishing
back at home . The engine is a peach , like a 21 jewel Swiss watch , the gearbox is as smooth as a gravy sandwich , and it changes direction as
fast as a flickknife .
The only thing I still need to sort is the front forks . Well that is booked in to PDQ on Friday with a set of Andreani cartridges to go in . That should sort
the yawing effect from the handlebars on the faster sweeping corners . I will report back later on that .
So it really is love ....... could I say the best bike I have ever ridden for the real world roads . The Fireblade has a higher top speed , but you never get
to use it if you want to keep your licence . I'm sure the MT picks up speed more quickly , and is infinately more flickable .
A couple of pics to show you the mods so far .

View attachment 3004

View attachment 3005

View attachment 3006
Awesome tailcase, can you share manufacturer and model? It is not givi for sure, something more elite I guess ;-)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coopie

Reaction score
Awesome tailcase, can you share manufacturer and model? It is not givi for sure, something more elite I guess ;-)
Cheers
Ha .... very good . That's a special from Laguna M/C . Fixing was so easy as well , lots of clear sticky tape . :p

Best of all the contents were FREE