Indicators

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone had any issues with any on the indicator lenses breaking ?. I went to wash the bike this morning and found the rear right-hand lens had broken off and the right-hand front one was nearly the same, the thing is though I had a similar thing happen on my Honda CB600FAC.
Will look forward if there are any replies

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Never had any bikes where indicators would simply break unless they had been hit.

Where do you park, is it on the street where people can knock them?

Littlebruv

Reaction score
The bike is parked in a locked garaged and usually the only time i usually stop is for fuel

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Unless you're knocking them without realising it I have no idea.

I would say maybe a stone hit it, but if the rear is the same then can't think what could have caused it.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Maybe all the speed humps and dodgy tarmac in London causing the indicator mounts to shake enough to cause this problem?

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I think I have now got to the bottom of the problem. The glue which attaches the lens to the reflector as worn away probably after several low powered jet washes over the past year

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I keep anything more than a standard hose pipe away from my bikes.

It might seem 'low powered' but a jet wash is a jet wash, if it's a strong enough jet to take the glue out of the indicators it'll easily damage things elsewhere.