Integrated tail light. Fitted at last!

Fluke

Reaction score
After much procrastinating I finally went ahead and ordered and integrated tail light from eBay.
It's made by a company called Tuner x and because they are based near Vancouver, I thought to myself, at least it's not going to be some cheap Chinese nonsense.
However, I've a feeling there's one guy in a little office in Canada which means it looks like it comes from there but no, it does come from China.
There are a number of folk selling integrated tail lights on eBay starting from about thirty something quid and because this unit was £62 plus postage, I hoped the looks made up for the bigger price tag.
Anyway, I fitted it and I'm happy to report I'm pleased with it. It looks the part, feels like good quality and having checked with my local MOT station, it is also legal.
Fitting was easy; the stop/tail light part plugs straight into the original plug but the indicators needed a little working out.
It's weird because there is only one wire for each light but you can stuff it in the connector after unplugging the original indicator. Easy!
I like the fact that though it keeps the shape of the original, the lights look a little different as you can see here and on the eBay listing.
Sorry that one of the pics is twisted, this computer witchcraft is a bit beyond me sometimes but it gives you an idea what it looks like (with an R&G tail tidy)
IMG_6632.jpgIMG_6634.jpg

Here's the link in case you're interested
LED Integrated Blinker Taillight 2015 YAMAHA FZ09 FZ 09 FZ-09 MT-09 MT 09 MT09 S | eBay

Coopie

Reaction score
I like it .......... was looking at the same one myself :eek:

Swagger

Reaction score
I love the concept of the integrated units but I can't quite fetch myself to buy one ... I've still nagging concerns over whether idiot cage drivers see what's going on all in such a confined space. To that end I've again gone for a brake light modulator ... set to max flashes it really gets noticed. So much so I'm told it's distracting ... that's exactly what it's meant to be!

Anyway, not to hijack your thread ... that looks real nice on the bike. Like the pattern.

Fluke

Reaction score
I had those concerns myself so I went to see my local (and fortunately, very sympathetic) MOT tester.
He said that as long as the tail or brake light stays lit continuously while the indicators are flashing then it's legal.
To make matters better, the manufacturers have thoughtfully stamped it with the Europe approved symbol (capital E in a circle) just to be sure.
However, because the brake/tail light is replaced by the indicator, IT IS ILLEGAL!!! and you may get a tug from an unsympathetic copper.
I think I'll keep it on and hope I don't come across any uptight plod.

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Life would be boring without a little law breaking :)

Must admit I'm in the camp that want indicators where people expect to see them. It may be so easy for a car to miss your turn signal depending on how bright they are I suppose.

It gets me that quiet a few models of car have tiny little indicators in the cluster nowdays. More than once I've missed them and been surprised when they've made their turn !!!!

Fluke

Reaction score
I'm going to post some pics showing the indicators and I think you'll see they're visible enough.
The only reason it fails and MOT is because the indicators replace some of the brake/tail light.
Bottom line is I prefer it to the original cos I like a minimal back end so it stays.
errr, if you don't mind officer:rolleyes:

CT/

Reaction score
I,m goin tst industries integrated tail light with a pair of led strip lights
:)