IXIL Hyperlow System fitted to my Tracer !

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Eyup, after some research into exhaust systems for the Tracer, my criteria being a sensible price tag, good looks and crucially - the retention of the centre-stand, I've plumped for an IXIL full system.

An Akrapovic "carbon race" system came fitted on my Tracer, and although I couldn't fault it in any way (sounds amazing, light as feather, looks great and incredibly well-made) the fact the centrestand had to be removed was a show-stopper for me, so the Akra (sob, sob) has been sold.......and an IXIL Hyperlow system has been fitted. IXIl are based in Barcelona, and have been around for many, many years (100 years apparently !!??), I like the look of their twin-exit chimneys, and bought mine from BR Special Tuning (UK) at a great price; they also provided excellent service by the way - something which is not always the case with internet sales companies these days.

Anyway, I can report that the system is a well-made substantial piece of kit (possibly not quite as light as the Akra, but lighter than the original Yam system), and looks great (subjective I appreciate - but I love it !!) sounds great, gives plenty of clearance for the Yamaha centre-stand and I'm very please with it ! I'm currently running it with both baffles installed and it sounds wonderful - loud but not too raucous, and a lovely deep tone to it. I tried with both baffles out and it is SERIOUSLY loud, but some of you might prefer it that way ?! There is a one-in / one-out (hokey cokey) option, which (unsurprisingly) sounds somewhere in between the other tow options !! Baffles in just right for my tastes (and neighbours).

A happy camper !!! :)

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
The IXIL Hyperlow seems to stick out further (towards the edge of the foot peg) than the standard pipe. Does that present a problem for day to day use?

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Hi there, just typed out a lengthy reply and added some photos, submitted it but it has vanished into the ether !!! So will try a quick reply first to see if it "works" this time !!

No probs with sticking-out silencer for me with the IXIL - it doesn't stick out far at all - the photos make it look like it sticks out further. It doesn't protrude out as far as the heel protector on the standard rider footpeg, so not an issue at all for me.

Cheers,

Fletch

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Some photos !

20151001_181815[1].jpg20151001_184811[1].jpg20151001_215359[1].jpg

Some photos hopefully attached this time !!! The Tracer centre-stand fits fine with plenty of clearance with the IXIL Hyperlow, but I hadn't re-fitted it when I took the above photo !!

Cheers,

Fletch

tundrah

Reaction score
This does sound like a cheaper option to the akra. Do you still get the pop on the run off? I know it's stupid but any chance of flames on this one too?

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
LOL - not sure about flames, but there's plenty of popping on the over-run !!

I'm running it with both baffles in at present and it's just about right - not too raucous but much better sounding than stock !

With the baffles removed it's in effect a "straight-through" system so I imagine flames would indeed be possible, especially if you have the "fuel-cut" disabled via a re-flash ?!

The IXIL headers do have a small CAT (kitten ?!) at the end of the header pipe section, which I'll be tempted to remove at some point, but bike runs fine (it's not re-flashed or owt as yet) so will leave as is for now.

Cheers, Fletch

tundrah

Reaction score
LOL - not sure about flames, but there's plenty of popping on the over-run !!

I'm running it with both baffles in at present and it's just about right - not too raucous but much better sounding than stock !

With the baffles removed it's in effect a "straight-through" system so I imagine flames would indeed be possible, especially if you have the "fuel-cut" disabled via a re-flash ?!

The IXIL headers do have a small CAT (kitten ?!) at the end of the header pipe section, which I'll be tempted to remove at some point, but bike runs fine (it's not re-flashed or owt as yet) so will leave as is for now.

Cheers, Fletch
Thanks for the info man. I did try looking for it on their website but only can find it under MT09 and FZ09, with the FZ09 being £40 cheaper. I thought those two were the same bike but one euro and one amurican. Whihc did you choose?

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
I bought the MT-09 one, after checking with BRST that it is compatible with the Tracer centre stand. I reckon the FZ-09 one is for the US market and maybe doesn't have a CAT (hence not EU/UK compliant) and that's why it's cheaper ? Might be a better bet ? I'd check with Steve at BRST though ! Cheers, Fletch

Cabby

Reaction score
That looks the absolute business.

I really fancy an akra but mental money really just for some sound.

Do you have a link to the exhaust or the price etc ??