Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

Locksmith

Reaction score
Off to ebay it is then!

I'll take a heater out to the garage:)

flipper

Reaction score
How about a group buy discount thing? even if it's just postage?

lee1980

Reaction score
Sounds good though I have yet to get my bike lol, so will see how bad it really is first! I have had FI bikes before that were clearly surging etc due to emissions or noise test restraints.
This looks like a good option and can remove easily enough before taking bike to a dealer?
OR would ecu tell them this has been plugged in?

Kinjane

Reaction score
I've had the Yamaha remap and to be honest the problem seems worse than before but only because having one problem eliminated means the mind concentrates on another one.
Personally I'm finding the hesitancy/stumbling/missing caused by the fueling just distracting more than annoying, but distracting enough to want it eliminated.

flipper

Reaction score
How is this installed? Unplug something and plug in something else?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Can't see the MT09 on ebay there on that link, interested in one though please Kev, can you let me know how to order please.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Can't buy it says it's sold, can only see the xt ones as being available, it says similar has been relisted but when I click the link says it's sold.

:(

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Can't buy it says it's sold, can only see the xt ones as being available, it says similar has been relisted but when I click the link says it's sold.

:(

I get the same as Miss C, got the instructions, looks simple enough.....

Does this device roughly do the same as block off plates, but better?

I'm in!

kevxtx

Reaction score
I am not a business just a guy at home playing with mods, no problem to combine shipping & work a price out via PM if that is OK with the forum Admin? You save heaps of $ on combining shipping, as an example posting to the UK I can post 5 controllers in the same parcel to one address saving $100.00 on postage for 5 controllers. The only problem combining postage is the import taxes/duty which we can chat about.

I don't have a business EBay account & can only list one Controller at a time I have a few 09 Controllers left & will keep making them & listing them on EBay as long as there is a demand for them.

Last edited:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I get the same as Miss C, got the instructions, looks simple enough.....

Does this device roughly do the same as block off plates, but better?

I'm in!
Block off plates stop the Air injection system putting air in the exhaust Smurf, that just stops the popping and back firing, kev's kit modifies the closed loop fueling to be a bit richer to smooth out all that hideous surging you get at low throttle openings.

Yayy just ordered mine the ebay ad went live again. cheers Kev:)

Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
I am not a business just a guy at home playing with mods, no problem to combine shipping & work a price out via PM if that is OK with the forum Admin? You save heaps of $ on combining shipping, as an example posting to the UK I can post 5 controllers in the same parcel to one address saving $100.00 on postage for 5 controllers. The only problem combining postage is the import taxes/duty which we can chat about.

I don't have a business EBay account & can only list one Controller at a time I have a few 09 Controllers left & will keep making them & listing them on EBay as long as there is a demand for them.
No worries Kev. I'll have to look at the import duty, had forgotten about it.