Kev's "Anti throttle surge mod"!

mtmarcel

Reaction score
I read on a German forum that there is a ECU re-MAP available at the dealers in Germany.
It's a official Yamaha MAP, to get rid of all the nasty ECU problems.

If it's true, lets hope it will be available world wide soon.

Cheers
Marcel

sigtrm

Reaction score
It is not you, I have general problem with believing or faith;-)

mtmarcel

Reaction score
I'll post the link tomorrow when I get home from work. Hope you can read German.....:)

Locksmith

Reaction score
ooh fingers crossed though it wont be all singing all dancing like you would get from a third party re-map because it will still fall within the emissions regulations as it's an official Yamaha part.

mtmarcel

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't have any issues with this mapping.

But that's me....;-)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Triumph did otherwise for their 1050's when using their race cans, so I can't see why Yamaha can't do the same.

mtmarcel

Reaction score
It's the right thing to do, but so far they are denying everything.

So I don't think they will send you a letter saying you need to take the bike back to the dealer for a new map.

But I could be wrong, I am many times......lol

Let hope they do the right thing.

Last edited:
M

MT account

they need to come clean on the FZ map. its a joke! A mode is worse than B mode on the UK bike.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Seems like this map will digitally slow initial throttle response and also remove the hesitation caused by the very lean mixture.

So where does this leave those of us with modified throttles :mad:

Wait for the price increase of the throttle tubes...

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like this map will digitally slow initial throttle response and also remove the hesitation caused by the very lean mixture.

I guess it will make it even slower lol. I'm so glad I went down the PCV route....!

M

MT account

i must have a lucky right wrist cos i dont have any issues with either bike............:D

Kinjane

Reaction score
Thinking about this a little more it'll probably only tweak things that some owners have already adjusted(aps1 and aps2 values) to improve things.
Hopefully things won't be too different, but if it is there's always something like JBweld to use as a back up plan.

RipGroove

Reaction score

To be honest if all they are doing is slowing the throttle response I'd rather keep the G2 than have their map. At least then you could switch back. If on the other hand they actually sorted out the lean roll on by adding fuel then I might be interested. The likelyhood of them actually doing that though is not very high as adding fuel might bugger up the emissions regs they have to stick to.

As it is I have a very smooth throttle roll on now after doing the following:

Fitted G2 - £60
Fitted EJK fuel controller - £150
Taken the slack out of my throttle cable - FREE
Tweaked TPS sensor to remove slack - FREE

So for £210 total my bike feels fine and I also have the added ability to tune the EJK whenever I want if I add mods to the bike for free and even while out riding as its just a few button presses under my seat. No PC, no mapping, no dyno and no fuss.

Last edited:

sigtrm

Reaction score
To be honest if all they are doing is slowing the throttle response I'd rather keep the G2 than have their map. At least then you could switch back. If on the other hand they actually sorted out the lean roll on by adding fuel then I might be interested. The likelyhood of them actually doing that though is not very high as adding fuel might bugger up the emissions regs they have to stick to.

As it is I have a very smooth throttle roll on now after doing the following:

Fitted G2 - £60
Fitted EJK fuel controller - £150
Taken the slack out of my throttle cable - FREE
Tweaked TPS sensor to remove slack - FREE

So for £210 total my bike feels fine and I also have the added ability to tune the EJK whenever I want if I add mods to the bike for free and even while out riding as its just a few button presses under my seat. No PC, no mapping, no dyno and no fuss.
How did you tweak TPS sensor?