Levers

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Hi,
I am picking my new Tracer up early in September, trading my MT09 in. I have had the cheapy Chinese levers fitted and they have been great. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that the AVDB levers advertised on ebay can cause problems because of the larger switch gear and I am not paying £90 a lever for the Yamaha items. I think the stretch to the clutch lever will be a slight problem for me, I experienced this when I tested the bike. Any recommendations.
Also I am looking for a decent tail pack, suitable for long weekends away, I don't want the sort that is fixed with bungees as no matter how careful you are they always seem to rub paint off.
Any recommendations for a seat mounted pack.
Cheers
Alan

mrmortar

Reaction score
Yo dude,

I went for these on my Tracer - £25 a pair but can get them from Hong Kong if prepared to wait a few weeks. Fit great and good quality.

IMG_1238.jpgIMG_1239.jpg

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Steve,
I have read posts that the MT09 clutch lever can foul the lefthand switchgear on the Tracer as it's much bigger. I had Chinese levers on my MT09 which worked great but at a cost of £15 I left them on.
Cheers
Alan

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Finally went for these CNC Clutch Brake Levers for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R125 FZ16 FZ1 XJR1300 FZ6 MT09 MT07 | eBay
They fit really well, maybe just brushing the clutch side switchgear when fully pulled in, but only just. Seem to be decent quality. Having the Lava Red Tracer I went for gold levers to match the forks with red adjusters, very bling. Best of all I can now easily reach the clutch lever. I went for the long levers and the cost was £14.26, took about a fortnight to get to the UK.

Spook99

Reaction score
These look great. I put something on the forum about the problems I had with the levers hitting the switch box. It meant I couldn't fully pull the lever in, it wouldn't make contact with the grip, (thought I'd always be short shifting!). Guess yours are No problem?

Also you gotta look at the Kriega stuff for tail packs. Brilliant quality, 100% waterproof and provided with straps that fit neatly under the pillion seat, but you don't have to take the seat off each time you take the bag off, great design.

Enjoy