Loose seat

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Hi all
My seat seems very loose as though it is not seated on the frame properly.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so did you manage to sort it yourself or back to dealer to rectify?
Thanks
Tony

Kinjane

Reaction score
I used a couple of walking stick rubbers. A couple of days later once the pan has has time to adjust itself, it's solid as a rock.
Start off with the little rubbers removed, using just the walking stick ones, then once the pans adjusted put the originals underneath if required.
Takes a bit of effort to reaffix the seat to start with, dont push it off the side stand ! Ones the pan has settled there's no problems at all, you're left with a seat that will not move.

Last edited:

R6owdlad

Reaction score
That gave me an idea.
Fixed some bath tap washers to the existing rubber things and job done!
Perfect!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now where did I put my plumbers toolkit. Oh I know...! I haven't got one coz I'm not a plumber...! Off to B&Q for some washers for me then lol

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I saw a fix for this on tinternet somewhere.... They put some rubbers in various places.... I'll see if I can find it again...

Birdy

Reaction score
I used a couple of walking stick rubbers. A couple of days later once the pan has has time to adjust itself, it's solid as a rock.
Start off with the little rubbers removed, using just the walking stick ones, then once the pans adjusted put the originals underneath if required.
Takes a bit of effort to reaffix the seat to start with, dont push it off the side stand ! Ones the pan has settled there's no problems at all, you're left with a seat that will not move.

I hope some poor bugger not sliding about on his walking sticks mate !

Kinjane

Reaction score
Nah, sold my walking stick with its partially worn OEM rubber but kept hold of the the aftermarket Ultra Grips (which are now on the seat) which I bought for an intercounty speed limping contest. I tried selling them on £bay in the hope of recouping my costs but despite a low start price there weren't any bidders so I ended up keeping them.

I knew they'd come in handy one day ;)

the voices

Reaction score
cheers fellas, just done mine with 4 bath tap rubber washers and two basin tap rubber washers fixed with mite bond and the seat is now perfect, and no movement at all. got one more set if you want them email my wife at [email protected] with an address, work or home and i will post them to you, you will need some mitre bond to attach them. (MITRE BOND is just a trade superglue with a spray fast set) WAYNE.

Last edited: