Lowered seat option?

Wharfe

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm not from round 'ere...
Seven weeks in to ownership of my Tracer, it gets bucketloads of admiring glances & remarks, not least from an elderly biker mate (79 years old, and fast -and sharp - as feck). He is mad keen on getting one (and soon - time is, obviously, an issue :rolleyes:) but is a little short-of-leg. On mine on the lower setting he is still a bit too close to tippy-toes. Is there a replacement seat available anywhere / by anyone that can take a cm or two off the height?
Cheers, Wharrfe

bloggsy

Reaction score
I lowered my MT-09 by 25mm by changing some suspension links and dropping the fork by the same amount, should be possible to lower the tracer the same way. look at the lust racing site they supplied my lowering links.

chump

Reaction score
I thought Yamaha offered a low seat for the Tracer.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
The tracer seat is 845mm in the low postition as standard, the cheapest lowering option is the suspension dogbones which lowers about 25mm and costs about £30, if it is still a bit tall you can get the Yamaha lowered seat for about £200 which lowers a further 30mm. Being 5ft 7in I have both on mine and it seems to give a seat height strangely of 795mm, but at least I can get both feet down almost flat.

Wharfe

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'll let him know, I think there's scope there to fix him up with a bike to suit his inside leg. :D