Luggage

Hullsyboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just picked up my new Mt09, absolutely love it, huge change from 1200gs ! Still hoping to do some touring but hate the idea of a top box, any side case recommendations you can offer and also does anyone know if the earlier model soft side case stays fit the new version as i quite like the look and the fact that you can remove the bars when not using.
thanks in advance
Hullsy.

Johnjo

Reaction score
Just fitted some Cbow carriers to mine with Hepco & Becker soft side cases. Its quality gear. Had planned to remove the carriers when not needed but have left them in situ. Figured they look okay.

Was torn between buying those or the Yamaha soft luggage. Happy with my choice.

Mines the last of the old ones, 2017 plate, so can't say if the yamaha luggage will fit your new model.

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
I have GIVI TE2115 Easylock Pannier Racks on my 2016 MT09 and they take about 20 minutes to fit and 10 to remove (i prefer the look of the bike without them fitted when I'm not touring)

The panniers i have are
Givi 3D600 3D Easylock
Expandable Panniers - 50L and they take seconds to lock onto the racks.

I then strap a Givi EA119BK waterproof seat bag behind me (I never have the need to carry a pillion)

All in all I find it a really good setup with loads of space and everything stays nice and dry

Not sure if the specific racks i mentioned will fit the newer MT09 models but I'm sure Givi will sell some others that will be suitable.

Reactions: FJW

Stanno

Reaction score
I bought some for my 2013 but neve used them as my ktec shock remote was in the way of the mount, modification required, never used them as I bought Kriega, the Yamaha ones are still boxed in the garage