Metzeler road tec 01

Shaun64

Reaction score
anyone tried the metzeler road tec 01 yet? They get good reviews and are discribed as being on the sporty side of sports touring which is what I want,

Shaun64

Reaction score
I watched some mcn review vids and the road tec 01 did really well plus were discribed as sporty so could be ideal as they are very good in the wet too,I reckon I've a 1000 mile left in the Dunlops so need to start looking for replacements.

Unfazed

Reaction score
My local tyre guy has sold 3 sets of Roadtecs and had no feedback on them.

He's sold hundreds of PR4's and had loads of good feedback, I'm on my 3rd set (2 sets before on a VFR1200)

Let me know what they're like! The OEM Dunlops are a bit crappy, especially in the wet

Shaun64

Reaction score
It's the same with my local tyres dealers they both push PR4s there's no doubt they are a good tyre but I also think they make more profit on them! I've done 2 sets of PR3s on other bikes which were good in the wet but I much prefer the PR2s to 3s as they are better in every other respect apart from wet riding ,if I get the roadtecs I will keep you posted.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I had PR4s on my Tracer which I really rated, now I've got Roadtecs. Every bit as good as the PR4 in both the wet and the dry. I would recommend them.
Which do like the best? What sort of riding do you do? Cheers .

Scraggydog64

Reaction score
I generally do quickish road riding, by my own admission I am no hero but I do get to the edge of the tyre. I only do wet weather riding when caught out which is unavoidale in the North East and Scotland! The PR4s were brilliant but I think the Roadtecs have the edge.

Cheers Michael

Shaun64

Reaction score
Cheers Michael not dissimilar to me,I am in yorkshire and I did Oban on Saturday and home Sunday,on way home I stopped at carter bar for a pot of tea and spoke to too lads with tracers wasn't you was it?.

Stripy

Reaction score
I've got the new roadtec 01's on, used to have the PR4's.
IMHO, they perform better and gives more confidence than the PR4's. Only a few quid more expensive, but absolutely worth it.

How long they last - time will tell, i imagine 6-8k miles; the last PR4's i squeezed 9.2k miles out of - but they where square :)

Well recommended!

Unfazed

Reaction score
I got 11,000 out my my last set of PR4's but they were bald by the time I came back from France ;)

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I'm having Rosso Corsas for my Catalunya track event in October, but have enough tread on the S20's until then. I may well give these Metzeler RoadTec 01's a go thereafter. I know the PR4's get rave reviews from '09 owners, and I don't doubt their effectiveness as an all-rounder, but I'd prefer to try something else.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Anyone on the metzeler road tec 01s who's done few miles now? Do you still rate them? And how do they compare with PR4s now? I am fitting new tyres this week before the £30 money back offer ends.