Mirror mod

ib1-2

Reaction score
What I consider to be the best mod for the Tracer. Mirror extensions. I was fed up at looking at my elbows, especially as my previous bike had fantastic mirrors. Fitted these and problem solved, great rear view and mirrors extend a few mil further than the bars depending how you've set them up. Certainly one I would recommend.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I tried those one too, but they did not move the mirrors out quite far enough to clear my shoulders, I found these straight 100mm ones and fitted them in line with the mirror stem, you almost cannot notice they are there, except when riding when it makes a big difference.
Mirror extender.jpg

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I have those same ones on my MT09 great improvement. That is the problem with Japanese bikes, I mean how many Japs do you know with broad shoulders and a 50'' chest :) I mean the ones in the top photos.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Had a look at the straight ones but I could only find them in silver.

deedaadel

Reaction score
I fitted some 40mm straight black ones off eBay and they are perfect. As said above you don't notice them at all.

Scaley

Reaction score
I fitted 60mm ones as I've got broader shoulders . really makes a difference. No blind spot

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

deedaadel

Reaction score
I fitted 60mm ones as I've got broader shoulders . really makes a difference. No blind spot

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk
Haha, whats 20mm between friends? Thats why you don't filter in Doncaster as your bikes too wide!!

pope

Reaction score
extenders great but mirrors blurred.any suggestions please?thanks

Scaley

Reaction score
the extenders I used were shaft extensions so didn't off set he mirror stalk. You may be getting resonance s try slightly different posiitions and make sure everything is tight.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

Pat H

Reaction score
Have just fitted 40mm extensions From Cosmo moto (posted from Thessaloniki and arrived promptly, similar to previous pic) AND have added a pair if cranked extensions purely for extra height as I'm tall from the a** up; the crank is facing forward as the straight extensions provide sufficient width. I've yet to give the set-up serious use so cannot comment on vibration. The further forward position facilitates use of mirrors with less head movement required to obtain a view to the rear.
FYI Cosmo do quite the best SatNav mount I've yet to see, my Garmin is now positioned immediately above the dash & close to the screen of the Tracer, again just a minimal eye glance away from the road ahead.