Mods so far!

STMTRACER

Reaction score
Optimate lead, panniers,Liners, Topbox & liner & plate with one key for all, spotlights, front and rear axle crash bobbins, R&G barr sliders, R&G mid engine crash bungs, lower Yamaha case protectors, Akrapoic full system, SW radiator guard, heated grips, grip puppies, tall screen, custom saddle, tyre visual pressure indicators, Meta Def Com T, Fog-lights sat nav, titanium billet adjustable fold-able levers.

Last edited:

Timo50

Reaction score
So far, I have R&G rad guard, crash protectors, fork sliders, oxford heated grips and sat nav, still waiting R&G bar sliders, I have ordered the Yamaha luggage, but its anyone's guess when that will arrive, still to do is the Yam rear rack and Scotoiler, but I will wait until I take the tank off before fitting that.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
You guys have been busy, I have had my red one three weeks 3 weeks and so far have done top and bottom crash bobbin, plus both axles. Removed the hand guards and rear passenger grab handles, fitted the Yamaha radiator cover, as that rad looks like a big target for stones and road debris. Yamaha sat nav mount, titanium disc bolts and some stainless stuff that come off my FZ1 when I part exchanged it.
I too am still waiting for the luggage to arrive, and the heated grips which will be fitted at the first service.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Optimate lead, panniers, Liners, Topbox & liner & plate with one key for all, front and rear axle crash bobbins, R&G barr sliders, mid engine crash bungs, lower Yamaha case protectors, Akrapoic full system, SW radiator guard, heated grips, grip puppies, tall screen, custom saddle, tyre visual pressure indicators, Meta Def Com T, Fog-lights so far lol sat nav to add and change disc bolts front and rear then that's me done.:rolleyes:
Which top box and rack did you get, Yamaha UK said a genuine one did not exists, but when I gave them the part number for the USA spec FJ09, they changed there mind and said it was still development!

Timo50

Reaction score
Where did you get the Sat nav mount, I was told the Yamaha one still doesn't exist!

MartinB

Reaction score
Which top box and rack did you get, Yamaha UK said a genuine one did not exists, but when I gave them the part number for the USA spec FJ09, they changed there mind and said it was still development!
I went for the SHAD setup very pleased so far

Deadhead

Reaction score
I have a satnav mount on the MT-07 and like how it sits behind and to the left of the clocks. I can't decide if I like the position of the MT-09 sat nav mount.
Would really appreciate it if you could take some more pictures for me..A picture of what you see while sat on the bike and a closer side view. I have hunted about just can't find any descent pictures. Many Thanks

STMTRACER

Reaction score
Hi Topbox rack, locking plate and Yamaha badged 39L topbox supplied and fitted by Wigan Yamaha not sure but think all genuine Yamaha supplied accessories.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have a satnav mount on the MT-07 and like how it sits behind and to the left of the clocks. I can't decide if I like the position of the MT-09 sat nav mount.
Would really appreciate it if you could take some more pictures for me..A picture of what you see while sat on the bike and a closer side view. I have hunted about just can't find any descent pictures. Many Thanks
Hi Roger
Not sure if you meant the standard MT or the Tracer, so I took pictures of both, seem to work OK on either, but I thing I would point out the space tubes you get with it are not quite long enough and it touches the top clamp, I used a couple of washers under the spacer and job done.
These are the MT09 Pictures.
mt lh.jpgMT rh.jpgmt top.jpg

trevorleigh

Reaction score
And these are the Tracer Images:
Tracer lh.jpgTracer rh.jpgTracer top.jpg

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi Topbox rack, locking plate and Yamaha badged 39L topbox supplied and fitted by Wigan Yamaha not sure but think all genuine Yamaha supplied accessories.
I think I need to check my dealer again, if you already have the Yamaha rack. I already have the 39l top box, which I use on the other 09

Deadhead

Reaction score
That's great, thanks so much for the images, that's helped a lot.
I do find it a bit odd they don't fit it in the same style as the MT07, sticking it in the middle makes it look a liitle cluttered.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
That's great, thanks so much for the images, that's helped a lot.
I do find it a bit odd they don't fit it in the same style as the MT07, sticking it in the middle makes it look a little cluttered.
I must admit I still use a pin mount on the std MT, but the genuine Yamaha one I think is better on the Tracer, as the pin mount puts the sat nav to high and it blocks some of the dash. The is what the MT looks like using the pin mount.
Tour5.jpg

trevorleigh

Reaction score
My dealer still say nothing available for the Tracer, does your look like these photos below?
rack1.JPGrack2.JPG

STMTRACER

Reaction score
My dealer still say nothing available for the Tracer, does your look like these photos below?
View attachment 3014View attachment 3015

My rack is similar but not the same you have photo of US spec Tracer which is badged FJ-09 in US. I will take photos at weekend and post I think your dealer sounds clueless to me. Call Wigan Yamaha and ask for James Lamb.

STMTRACER

Reaction score

Had a call from Wigan Yamaha today apparently Yamaha rack fitted to my bike is not supposed to have a topbox fitted??? They are sending me a Givi rack as an alternative to fit my Yamaha topbox to instead. Yamaha called them to say they had seen a post on social media site.

We live and learn eh lol

STMTRACER

Reaction score
View attachment 3014View attachment 3015
Had a call from Wigan Yamaha today apparently Yamaha rack fitted to my bike is not supposed to have a topbox fitted??? They are sending me a Givi rack as an alternative to fit my Yamaha topbox to instead. Yamaha called them to say they had seen a post on social media site.

We live and learn eh lol

trevorleigh

Reaction score

We live and learn eh lol
I had an email reply from Yamaha UK parts who have confirmed a top box rack will be available for the Tracer, but it was 'in development' I may just buy the U.S. One if they cannot say when it will be.

J.J.B.

Reaction score
I had an email reply from Yamaha UK parts who have confirmed a top box rack will be available for the Tracer, but it was 'in development' I may just buy the U.S. One if they cannot say when it will be.
The Yamaha rack is super flimsy and only fixes on with two small bolts to the top of the tail. I've ordered (and paid for!) the Givi SR2122 rear rack and monokey plate but, as with all things Tracer, it's on back order.