Mounting your Tracer

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just a simple question, how do you get onto your tracer🤔, what I mean is do you just have the side stand down and swing your right leg over or have the main stand down, climb on by using the footpeg then push forward off the stand.

deadb0y

Reaction score
Left or right leg with inside of foot facing bike then leg over on either side stand (at work and out and about) or centre stand (at home)...

DTNZ

Reaction score
Left foot down, swing leg over towards back of bike. However, due to a previous back injury, if I have the panniers on I usually swing my leg over the front of the seat, otherwise I'll most likely get cramp & have to get off again :LOL:
I never stand on the pegs while it's on the side stand.

DTNZ

Reaction score
Any particular reason for that??
I've had bikes in the past that have had a lot of slop in the side stand pivot & I think this may be one of the causes, although to be fair it's more likely from kick starting them while on the side stand. There's probably a low risk of this from just mounting, but I guess it's just one of those things I try not to do. The only times I've done it is when cramp is being a bit of an issue!

andz

Reaction score
I had the Tracer centre stand removed by the dealer before delivery so that I could fit the Akrapovic pipe I had bought.

The Tracer is significantly higher than my Fazer but I mount them the same way, from the left on the sidestand and swing a leg over.

My wife had a bit more difficulty getting on the Tracer with the increased height, when we ride 2 up we always have the Givi topbox mounted so she puts one hand on the box, the other on my shoulder, left foot on the peg and swings the right leg through.

FJW

Reaction score
Brilliant suggestions! Perhaps a stirrup leather.
Why so bloody high.
Has any one had their bike lowered and if so was it worth it.

DTNZ

Reaction score
Has any one had their bike lowered and if so was it worth it.
I had mine lowered, but I had the Yamaha comfort seat fitted so I think the seat height is about the same. I guess that's not quite what you were looking for but it definitely made a difference to my backside! :)

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I had mine lowered, but I had the Yamaha comfort seat fitted so I think the seat height is about the same. I guess that's not quite what you were looking for but it definitely made a difference to my backside! :)
Any such reply is most welcome, even on the lower seat height the 900 Tracer is still tail, I have a 27" inside leg so always like to look at the way other riders get on the bike

FJW

Reaction score
Any such reply is most welcome, even on the lower seat height the 900 Tracer is still tail, I have a 27" inside leg so always like to look at the way other riders get on the bike
Thanks. Doesn't lower it much. generally use an air hawk seat cover is great for long days but make it higher. Is there any way.of getting it down further?
Can only wonder why they're so high.How do the Japanese mount them?
Cheers F

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Thanks. Doesn't lower it much. generally use an air hawk seat cover is great for long days but make it higher. Is there any way.of getting it down further?
Can only wonder why they're so high.How do the Japanese mount them?
Cheers F
I don't want to use lowering bones for lowering the seat height and like you said, how do the Japs get on about the Tracers seat height, discussions discussions

Reactions: FJW

Mick-H

Reaction score
I struggle due to a back operation and short legs, this past week I've been standing on the riders left foot peg in a similar way pillion passengers get on.

Reactions: FJW

woodie100

Reaction score
Buy high heel boots???
I'm vertically challenged and also have the comfort seat fitted. I always start on the sidestand from the left the lift my leg over. I too do not like the idea of standing on the footpeg whilst on the side stand, no specific reason just don't like the idea. Also have panniers fitted. Just developed a technique really....Hope it helps (somehow!)
JonB