mt 09 2019 SP RPM question

darco

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I bought brand new Yamaha mt 09 SP at may last year also that is my first bike and to be honest, I don't have any serious experience before that about bikes and what they can do and what they cannot.

First 1000 KM(621 miles) I was driving as they told me in official Yamaha shop and service, not over 6000 rpm so engine can work it out, after first small service they told me u can go now as much as you want, and I was driving it on the high way 226 kmph(140 mph) and that was my top speed and RPMs were only on 9000 stuck in the 6th gear. Friends that are experienced drivers told me that I need to squeeze the max out of every gear except the 1st one to get it to go over 226 km/h, but even with that bike is stuck on 226 km/h and 9000 RPMs and it looks like I have some kind of blockade, I went now on next service after 5000 KM and they told me there is no blockade just some small errors in computer, tbh I didn't try it jet after removing that errors but as I was watching youtube videos it needs to go more than 9000 rpm in the 6th gear and it needs to be more than 226 km/h.

Did anyone get some ideas or anything on that?

BTW. I installed a full Akrapovic exhaust system and it gives even more horsepowers and less weight.

Thank you

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Check out this thread:
https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/forum/threads/restricted-top-speed.142/

The bike is limited to around 225 km/h. You need to have the limiter removed in the ECU to go any faster, but to be honest I'm not sure why you would want to on a naked bike.

As mentioned at the end of that thread, without limiter it should be around 260 km/h.