MT-09 Tracer 15-17 Givi panniers and bags

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
My 2016 MT-09 Tracer was stolen last year. I was considering fitting the panniers to the 2019 Tracer 900 GT I got to replace it, but have decided to stick with the smaller Yamaha boxes.

These are Givi V35 boxes with inner bags. The boxes are in good condition, though a little scuffed. They'll take a full face lid such as my Shoei NXR. The bags are in excellent condition. I also have all the keys and lock barrels as supplied. I have most of the PLXR2122 quick removal frames, but am missing the parts that attached to the sub-frame and pillion pegs, obviously.

I'm based in south-east London. Looking for £150.

panniers.jpgbags.jpgframes.jpg

Wynner

Reaction score
Hi Tim, that's a good price. This is the setup I'm using on my 2017 Tracer which is a really good narrow fix. I am also looking to trade up to the later GT and was hoping the pannier rails would fit the later bike, obviously the pillion rests are in a different place but do the frames line up otherwise? What problems did you encounter?

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
Hi Tim, that's a good price. This is the setup I'm using on my 2017 Tracer which is a really good narrow fix. I am also looking to trade up to the later GT and was hoping the pannier rails would fit the later bike, obviously the pillion rests are in a different place but do the frames line up otherwise? What problems did you encounter?
You'll need new rails and fixings for later 900 GT model for the same panniers. I did look into this and it's a lot more complicated. In the end, I stuck with the Yamaha panniers as I was able to cope with the reduced load volume. It is a pain not being able to keep a full-face lid in the Yamaha panniers, though.

The new Tracer 9 GT looks great from that point of view.

Wynner

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. My wife thinks our panniers are already a bit small even though we've just got back from nearly three weeks in Spain! Yes, I had a demo ride on the new GT, it's very tempting, the suspension in particular was very impressive.