MT-09 vs. MT-07?

Safoo

Reaction score
well least you dint buy the 07 like me for a year and discover the 09 is far better bike! Ive got the 09 now in Deep Armour quality!
If it wasn't for the demo ride, I just might have...:rolleyes:

No dealership I talked to would let me test ride a bike off the street or with an appointment, you HAVE to wait for a factory demo ride tour. (Took out the latest Indian Scout on one last year and had to book months ahead of time. All that build up time and I ended up being kinda rushed through so everyone could get a chance to ride it... didn't like riding it too much so I wasn't too worried... nice enough to look at though) ;)

Some told me it was an insurance thing and others told me they have to fill in too much paper work...

I totally agree with you, the two just don't compare.

timo5743

Reaction score
I had my mt-07 for 15 months and 5900 miles enjoyed it but same as other members just runs out of steam but still great little bike.

jezthomas

Reaction score
don't waste your money on the MT07. Its a great great bike but you will get bored with it like i did. I had done less than 1000 mile son a 125 before I bought it. I then did 3800 mile son the 07 and now bought the 09. Its far more refined because its a triple. Yes the handling is a bit more tricky but thats because its more powerful, slightly heavier and the desire to go faster creeps in! Anyway thats my opinion. I have the deep armour will post a review video soon
Thanks again for all your help loneranger. Thought I'd give an update. I did testride both the 7 and 9 and enjoyed them both - couldn't believe they let learners on the 7!
I was thrilled and amazed by the power and agility of the 9 and so I bought one; I felt that if I bought a 7 I'd have nowhere to go if I wanted more, except sell it and buy a 9, and also I thought if I buy a 9 and it's too much, then I can just keep it in B-oring mode until I'm ready.
I've really enjoyed the first 100kms of my new bike, and love the look and sound of it with the Termignoni pipe I just stuck on. I went Deep Armour too - class!
Thanks for helping me make a great decision mate.