MT-09 V's ?

TheMass

Reaction score
MT09 vs MV Agusta

Hey Guys
First post.........

A mate has been on at me for a while to test ride the new MT09 after he rode one.

Now, I am no stranger to bikes and have been doing it for quite a while. (50 year old desert and enduro racer, but have always ridden on the road)

I currently ride a GSX-14 and have recently had the inkling for a new ride.
This was going to be a tuffy as not many real world bikes match up to the seamless surge of the 14.

I was lucky to have a back road test ride back to back with the MT09 and the MV A Dragster 800.
These bikes are reportedly direct competitors so to test them in real world conditions with no pressure from the dealer was a bonus.

Here are my findings:
The Dragster had very little oomph off the line but once spooled up it really hauled!
The suspension was set way firmer than the MT, and would take a bit of dialing in, it really only settled in when pushing hard.

The MT09 on the other hand had a much broader spread of power (as you already know) and way easier to get off the line.
I did find the rear suspension wanting on the 40km loop I ran it on, but a little time at the suspension tuner could work that out I'm sure.

To cut a long story short - I didn't even ask the price of the MV Agusta.
The MT09 WILL be my next ride.

Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Mass