MT09 ABS 64plate for sale :(

Freddie

Reaction score
PRICE DROP

Ok hello everybody, havnt been on here in a while but the time has come to let her go and I thought before putting the beast up on Autotrader I would give people here a chance to purchase this sexy AF bike.

Im looking for £5800 wich I think is a seriously good price. Im located in SW London but might be able to arrange delivery depending on where you are (not included in price). This bike has also been exclusivly kept in my garage. None of that parking in the cold wet windy vandal ridden street nonsense.
Specs:
-ABS model
-Deep Armour
-3200 miles (might change slightly)
-I was her first
-All documents (yamaha approved serviced)
-Serviced last week including a fresh set of tires and hasnt been ridden since

-TWO BROTHERS FULL SYSTEM
-ASV short Levers
-Meta Alarm
-Bagster tank cover (£140 rrp I think, have the invoice somewhere)
-Puig Crash protection (scuffed on the right side)
-Tail TIdy
-Super Cool LED indicators (litech)
-Renthal Fatbars (black)
-Smoto Rad Gaurd
-Headlight Cover

I will also through in my paddock stands and my brand new dock (you roll the front wheel in and it holds the bike upright and can be ground anchored and locked)

...I have just this moment realised how much money ive put into this bike.

Views discretion advised, the following pictures are for the ages of 18+

IMG_3156.jpgIMG_3157.jpgIMG_3158.jpgIMG_3159.jpgIMG_3160.jpg

For some reason I cant upload the rest of the pics, will try and put them in a comment bellow, if not I can always email or PM them.

Any questions please PM me, I will check in the evenings so you might not get a response during the day.

Last edited:

donut

Reaction score
Good luck but very over priced in my opinion - by anywhre between £500 and £1000.

The extras don't really add to the value and I reckon you could get a new bike for about the same sort of money.

Check Bike Trader and Ebay and I'll think you'll agree.

Sorry if that sounds harsh or if I'be broken you're bubble but need to be realistic.

Always worth a try though - happy to be proved wrong.

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Agree with donut , in my opinion you are better off putting all standard stuff back on and selling the aftermarket stuff separate , and lowering asking price to 5500 .

Freddie

Reaction score
Hmm I thought this might be the case. Sort of why I put it up here first. Think I'm going to try and put it back to standard. Cheers for the advice ?

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...I reckon you could get a new bike for about the same sort of money...
Yep, I agree, sorry. I paid £6700 for a brand new '65 plate ABS model in October. Personally, I reckon you're looking at £5300/£5500.

Good luck with the sale though :)

Freddie

Reaction score
Ok so i will edit the price to £5800 with all the extras, and then if I manage to get a chance to put it back to original ill put it up for 5500. Ill keep people on here posted if I strip it down.

Even though I live in the area i dont think it was me mate. Are you the guy who rides down putney hill every day on an orange mt with an akraprovik?

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Ok so i will edit the price to £5800 with all the extras, and then if I manage to get a chance to put it back to original ill put it up for 5500. Ill keep people on here posted if I strip it down.

Even though I live in the area i dont think it was me mate. Are you the guy who rides down putney hill every day on an orange mt with an akraprovik?
I reckon you'll get some interest at that price. Not me on Putney Hill each morning mate :D

loneranger

Reaction score
i sold my mt07 last year for £4600 i made £550 for the akra, plus about £320 for the extras i took off. Thats approx £870 i made for the accessories i took off and sold sperataely. I would never have got £5470 if i didn't strip it down most would have been £4800 if i was lucky. I assume same rule would apply for the MT09

If you have the stock exhaust put it back on!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
And clean those headers!! :p R222 Metal Polishing Soap and some serious elbow grease would help realise a better price on the TB pipe :D

Freddie

Reaction score
Ok im bumping this, £5800 I think is a good price. Any takers please let me know

Locksmith

Reaction score
In general, Why the fck do people not want to spend a couple of hundred pounds extra on a bike loaded with goodies and then proceed to spend literally hundreds more modding it again????

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
personally, I'd want to put the accessories on that I wanted not make do with someone elses, ok I could sell them to fund mine but will I be any better off ?
the seller would be better off putting it back to standard, selling all the bits and dropping the price by £500, he'd possibly make more money that way
I did it with my very high mileage 7 month old Street Triple, the dealer offered me the same trade-in with or without the accessories, so I sold them and was £430 better off :)

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
My local dealer has an unregistered MT09 for £6500...

For the extra £700 I'd have thought most would go for a brand new 16 plate with 2 years warrenty
The unregistered bike would be a '16 plate when registered though and come with manufacturer's warranty. Unless of course you'd be insistent on a 2016 colour.

Freddie

Reaction score
MT-09 ABS are about £7400 new no? Also if i had the time I would strip it, but I dont and I dont really want to pay someone else to do it. Also i agree that do all the extras yourself is alot more fun but a shit load more expensive. On autotrader mine is going for the same price as others with the same milage but without a single extra. Strange, maybe its not the time to sell.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
The competition is strong as there are many for sale. RRP is jus shy of £7500, but discounts for unregistered 2015 ABS models can be had for £6500. When there's over-supply, it's a price-driven market. In the current economic climate, even more so.