mt09 akrapovic systems question

razz

Reaction score
dudes , i have been looking at the 2 systems akra supply , am i correct in saying , the downpies are the same , the exhaust itself is the same , except for the end cap ? the lower level version has the end cap which is larger to house the baffle and the high level system , which has a smaller cap to connect the pipe for the high section . when i first tried the tinklers demo a couple of years ago , it was with the low level system minus baffle , incredibly loud , if the above is halfway tru , i may just need to sort the baffle out for the box , hmmmmmm

stevecbr

Reaction score
I thought the 2 systems Akrapovic supply were either the titanium road legal system, or the carbon (curly pipe) system which is not road legal.
or are you refering to the high level can on the sport tracker?

razz

Reaction score
Sorry for my crap description , the box on the end of the down pipes , the akra low level and high level version , forgot about the carbon . To me it looks like the only difference is the end section where the low level version has a bigger end for the baffle , mine has a smaller hole for the pipe , if they are the same dimensions I may as well try n baffle my low level box , instead of trying to add the second part of the exhaust

Tropicocity

Reaction score
Sorry for my crap description , the box on the end of the down pipes , the akra low level and high level version , forgot about the carbon . To me it looks like the only difference is the end section where the low level version has a bigger end for the baffle , mine has a smaller hole for the pipe , if they are the same dimensions I may as well try n baffle my low level box , instead of trying to add the second part of the exhaust
Which one of those two is the low level and which is the high level? I've only ever seen the one in the 2nd picture, which is the akra titanium with the 3 inner pipes on the baffle that is supplied free with new purchases from time to time (my bike has that one) - the top one is a mystery to me!

razz

Reaction score
The top pic is from the high level system , the box looks the same as the low level one to me , except the baffle part of course , I'll try n bodge a baffle from another system n see how it sounds

RipGroove

Reaction score
The top pic is from the high level system , the box looks the same as the low level one to me , except the baffle part of course , I'll try n bodge a baffle from another system n see how it sounds
There's a chance the internals are different. I'd love to see what's inside the muffler of the low level system. Apparently there are some pics somewhere of the internals but I've searched high and low and can't find any.

Sent from my iPhone 

razz

Reaction score
There's a chance the internals are different. I'd love to see what's inside the muffler of the low level system. Apparently there are some pics somewhere of the internals but I've searched high and low and can't find any.

Sent from my iPhone 
hello there , i`ll do some searching and see if i can find anything , i have been prepairing some bodge baffles to try once shes had her first service , i have also been informed we have a full tig set up at work , with plenty of kit to weld stainless , so i could be having fun soon .