MT09 center stand from the Tracer?

shigidar

Reaction score
hello all,
it is quite bothering me the fact that the MT09 has no center stand, i really love the bike, but even cleaning and chain lubrication is impossible.
I know there are 2 alternatives from SW and Hepko that made a special center stand for the MO09 but any one knows if there are better ( read cheaper) options?
Does that stand from the Tracer will fit the MT09?

Swagger

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone with a trick lightweight bike to want it compromised by a centre stand. Spools and a padlock stand are the way to go surely. If not, what about something like an 'Easy Wheeler' or other type of rear wheel roller system. They're cheap and you can use it for other bikes.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I've found that you only need to drop a bike once whilst trying to use a paddock stand and then the idea of adding a centre stand weighing a couple of kilograms doesn't seem too bad at all :eek:

Swagger

Reaction score
I've found that you only need to drop a bike once whilst trying to use a paddock stand and then the idea of adding a centre stand weighing a couple of kilograms doesn't seem too bad at all :eek:
Really! You dropped a bike! A properly set paddock stand is almost foolproof. Hmmm ... sounds like you need time at the gym! :D
Seriously, if you're nervous get yourself a 'bike grab' ... ram the front wheel into it and the bike stands vertically allowing you to pick it up squarely with a padlock stand.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Hornet overbalanced whilst trying to hook the genuine Honda stand under the swinging arm :(

Whilst ABBA stands have their uses, I couldn't personally leave my bike up on an Abba stand because I don't have the depth, nor do I have the length available to use a paddock stand either.
What I do have however is enough room to put the bike up on its centre stand (where it is at this moment with the rear wheel out) :)

shigidar

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone with a trick lightweight bike to want it compromised by a centre stand. Spools and a padlock stand are the way to go surely. If not, what about something like an 'Easy Wheeler' or other type of rear wheel roller system. They're cheap and you can use it for other bikes.
I have no one to help me to lift the bike on a padlock stand. The extra weight of the center stand is not an issue as i am not using the bike on a track, and the power that is there is more than enough for me :)

My Toy

Reaction score
I use a small chock of wood under the side stand to get the bike near upright but still leaning slightly on the stand then slip in behind and whip it up er[emoji39]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Hornet overbalanced whilst trying to hook the genuine Honda stand under the swinging arm :(

Whilst ABBA stands have their uses, I couldn't personally leave my bike up on an Abba stand because I don't have the depth, nor do I have the length available to use a paddock stand either.
What I do have however is enough room to put the bike up on its centre stand (where it is at this moment with the rear wheel out) :)
I have an ABBA stand that I have used with other bikes. Can't see that it takes up anymore room than a centrestand whilst using it.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Doesn't it stick out sideways from the bike when in use? My parking space isn't much wider than the mirror tips. If I don't turn the bars the mirror gets walloped by the door.

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Doesn't it stick out sideways from the bike when in use? My parking space isn't much wider than the mirror tips. If I don't turn the bars the mirror gets walloped by the door.
I'd say that it remains within the footprint of the bike whilst in use. Haven't tried it on the Tracer as it has the centrestand.

M

MT account

aint any of you lot handy with a wood saw? this fits front and rear and my crf n all.
it wont rust either :)811.jpg

marksim

Reaction score
WTF the world coming to.
A centre stand on a MT
You must of bought the wrong kind of bike
go get yourself a Tracy

shigidar

Reaction score
WTF the world coming to.
A centre stand on a MT
You must of bought the wrong kind of bike
go get yourself a Tracy
So how you clean and oil your chain?
How you check your tires?
How you check your oil level?

center stand is a very handy thing.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Presumably those hyperventilating over the additional weight of a centre stand are the same people who never fill their tanks more than halfway because of the extra 7 kilograms involved :rolleyes:

marksim

Reaction score
So how you clean and oil your chain?
How you check your tires?
How you check your oil level?

center stand is a very handy thing.
Have you not heard of Paddock stands
there available for front and back and you therefore can get both wheels off the ground.
This way you can do whatever you want and even run the engine in gear so much easier to oil your chain.
How do you think everybody goes on at races or trackdays
the centre stand restricts ground clearance,adds weight ,looks awefull and just gets clogged up with dirt and is always in the way.
:)