MT09 Tracer 02 Controller or Flash and O2 Delete

garethevans

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I know this is something that may have been talked to death on here but I'm going to ask it again.. I'm a newbie to these bike so apologies!!

I'm looking at sorting the low down fuelling on my Tracer and wondered if its best to run an O2 Controller or have a flash undertaken and a O2 delete ?

Was talking to another forum member and he mentioned that an O2 Controller was a must but don't know which way to go. Which is best?

This one:

Yamaha MT-09 FZ-09 MT09 FZ09 Tracer FJ09 FJ-09 O2 Controller | eBay

or a flash and this:

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/o2-Oxygen-Lambda-Sensor-Eliminator-For-Yamaha-MT-09-MT09-2013-2015-/321872992217?hash=item4af12017d9:g:cbUAAOSw~uhUnWm3

I have an Akrapovic System on it already and I'm open to a little modification to get the bike to its best potential.

Thanks in advance.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But don't use that bloke on eBay or you will end up having to come to me to get it sorted like the others

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a Tracer and originally I just fitted the Kevs O2 Controller and this does help with low down fuelling but for me didn't cure it altogether. However I have now removed the O2 controller and I sent my ECU to Simon at S-Tech who has re-flashed it with a map to suite my mods (IXIL system, K&N filter and the restrictive foam removed from around front of airbox) and also disabled the open loop fuelling, and removed the top speed limiter (it works - tested on a German autobahn of course officer) and overall the bike rides and fuels brilliantly, so although it's a bit more dosh and a bit more faff I would definitely go for the re flash. Simon at S-Tech has been super helpful, and I would recommend getting in touch with him. Hope this helps, cheers, Mike

whooshbang

Reaction score
As above.... Remove it completely and get the flash done by S-Tech.