Mt09 yamaha led blinker plus

Creebsy

Reaction score
Has anyone had these blinkers fitted to their bike? And if you have in the UK have you had any issues with being pulled over or failing the mot?
Really want to fit them to my bike however I'm unsure of the legality of it

Steely

Reaction score
I fitted them to mine a few weeks ago, and I'm very pleased with them. Not sure about the legality, and I don't care, as they're very effective in making me more visible. My bike's a couple of years away from needing an MoT, but I'm fairly certain that, when the time comes, the examiner will take the same view. If not, the running/tail/brake light functions can easily be disconnected. I installed an LED-compatible rectifier instead of the resistors that came with the Blinkers (for a neater install, and not having to find space for the resistors), and used easily-detachable bullet connectors instead of the crappy Scotchlok connectors that were in the box.

brakkeman

Reaction score
They are better than resistors, as resistors get hot.
(which is the way they were designed to slow down the the flashing interval)

Installation is as easy as it gets, plug & play under the seat.

highly recommended mod.

Steely

Reaction score
Would this do the same job as the resistors?

MOTORCYCLE LED INDICATOR RELAY FOR HONDA, KAWASAKI, YAMAHA - STOPS FAST FLASHING | eBay

Are they pretty easy to fit? I don't have a great amount of experience with bike electronics ��
Yes, that's what I used. It's a lot better than fitting resistors, in my opinion. It's a direct replacement for the stock relay, sitting in the same place; you don't have to find space (at the front and the rear of the bike) for bulky resistors, which, as brakkeman mentions, do get hot and need to be mounted somewhere (such as against a frame rail) that will not be damaged by that heat; and it just makes installation that much easier.

gripen

Reaction score
Has anyone had these blinkers fitted to their bike? And if you have in the UK have you had any issues with being pulled over or failing the mot?
Really want to fit them to my bike however I'm unsure of the legality of it
I've just fitted them and think they look good and I'm hoping will make me more visible.
I'm interested as to why they may not be legal in the UK. They are Marked E4. Is that not sufficient?

Creebsy

Reaction score
It's something to do with having another light on the indicator itself, there seems to be split opinions on whether it is an MOT failure or not. Personally I think the more visible you are the better!!

gripen

Reaction score
It's something to do with having another light on the indicator itself, there seems to be split opinions on whether it is an MOT failure or not. Personally I think the more visible you are the better!!
Ok thanks. I guess I just took it for granted that Yamaha state they are E homologated and they carry the E4 mark so all is good. Either way I'm with you regarding visibility.