My first post on the forum

Old Salt

Reaction score
I have just bought a Tracer and are currently waiting for parts for my mods,lowering the bike 30mm with Wilbers fully adjustable rear damper and progressive springs in front,engine guard from touratech when aviable..waiting for my bar riser from Billet to install this week.
have installed the Billet clutch and brake levers,gps holder for my new tomtom,Givi luggage and Yamaha luggage rack,I was not awere at the time that SW motech had alu panniers aviable at the time when I bought the Givi set,will be changed in the future.
as you probably have figured out I come from a long time on Bmw.,I bought the Yamaha, half prize for the same fun,love the engine and the brakes,have done 2K km on it the last 10 days,them Dunlop tires are wearing fast,will fit pilot road when times come.

whooshbang

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying the Tracer. You got some serious mods going on there.
Had about 2200 miles out of my stock Dunlop rear tyre.

Old Salt

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying the Tracer. You got some serious mods going on there.
Had about 2200 miles out of my stock Dunlop rear tyre.
My dealer told me and I dont know if it is right but that factories in Japan fits tires with less rubber on the new bikes in 2014 I had a honda 750 the tires was gone in 1500km so might be something in what he said.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Welcome... A good mate of mine has had wilbers fitted front and back on his tracer, with lower links and lowered seat.. Says theyre brilliant, made a real difference.. Watch your sump... The sump plug is vulnerable, yam have released a modified sump, they have moved the plug from underneath to higher up..