My yamaha mt09 doesn't change modes when i press the drive mode button

Granspen

Reaction score
How to fix my yamaha mt09 which doesn't allow me to switch between modes , I have tried when the bike is in neutral, in gear nothing seen to work , I have also checked all fuses ,it only stays in standard mode plz help me

Littlebruv

Reaction score
How to fix my yamaha mt09 which doesn't allow me to switch between modes , I have tried when the bike is in neutral, in gear nothing seen to work , I have also checked all fuses ,it only stays in standard mode plz help me
Have you tried disconnecting the battery then reconnect to see if it resets the system ?

Johnjo

Reaction score
Try swapping the fuse anyway. I've had a blown one in the past that couldn't easily be seen.

Big Julie

Reaction score
It could be the button. It has a tiny little contact and spring. Also look at changing the starter return spring for a stronger one as the starter switch sticks on after about 30000 km.
Also you could get a remap of the ECU so that it starts on A mode straight away.

YamaJustin

Reaction score
Did you ever find a fix? Mine just did the same thing after I did a chain service and ran it on the stand. It’s like it thinks the throttle is still back. I checked my fuses and disconnected the battery not sure what else to do