New Bike

Hexme

Reaction score
Well, took the tracer out for a ride and really enjoyed it, so my R1200GS Adventure is no more, I will miss it very much but since being ill its just too heavy for me :(

I had the choice of all three colours, Black, blue and Green... Originally I put a holding deposit down on the black but after seeing it this morning I wasn't so keen, liked the blue but after seeing the green in the flesh as to speak I really liked it, so that's what I chose.

So I'm a proud owner of a new Green Tracer.

I'm having the Yamaha heated grips fitted and the bike should be ready Saturday. I've also invested in the yamaha city bag, which I believe is a re-badged SW motech bag? My current bag is a quick release SW motech bag but it had lasted a few years and travelled all over Europe with me and I was looking for a replacement.

Ride Safe

Tony

Shaun64

Reaction score
Very nice,they are a nice bike I am sure you will be happy with it,how was your BMW for reliability & recalls?.

Hexme

Reaction score
Very nice,they are a nice bike I am sure you will be happy with it,how was your BMW for reliability & recalls?.
Thanks Shaun. Over the years I've owned 3 GS's and 3 GS Adventures, my wife used to ride and she had 2 GS's. Apart from a couple of silly things ours never really missed a beat.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Nice to hear,I only asked as I know a few with BMW and they have a lot of trouble with them.

Hexme

Reaction score
Yes, BM's can sometimes be like that. I suppose we've been really lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Nice purchasing mate, enjoy!

You're quite right about the luggage, yamaha tracer stuff was certainly in '15 re-badged motech stuff, I had the panniers and touring tank bag fitted when I bought my tracer new on launch, the tank bag is good but i'm afraid I don't rate the side cases at all. Fiddly, unstable on the frames and the 'locks' that 'secured' the cases on to the bike could be undone by farting on them. Glad I got them at a discount.

Hexme

Reaction score
Nice purchasing mate, enjoy!

You're quite right about the luggage, yamaha tracer stuff was certainly in '15 re-badged motech stuff, I had the panniers and touring tank bag fitted when I bought my tracer new on launch, the tank bag is good but i'm afraid I don't rate the side cases at all. Fiddly, unstable on the frames and the 'locks' that 'secured' the cases on to the bike could be undone by farting on them. Glad I got them at a discount.
Thanks Mr F, have to agree with you totally, the tank bags are good but the panniers..... Well not something I'd buy.

bikeral

Reaction score
Enjoy your new ride. I am sure you will not be disappointed