New member - afternoon all

Andyc1511

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Andy from Yateley, Hampshire here.

Just been out for a bit of a chilly ride following my recall updates (ECU fuelling fix and headlight gubbins). Got to say it feels like new bike in STD mode now i've had the ECU update! Roll on warmer weather.

Cheers

razz

Reaction score
bonjour , welcome to the world of fruit cakes , get an FZ1 , they mucho faster :cool:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Hi everyone. Andy from Yateley, Hampshire here.

Just been out for a bit of a chilly ride following my recall updates (ECU fuelling fix and headlight gubbins). Got to say it feels like new bike in STD mode now i've had the ECU update! Roll on warmer weather.

Cheers
Welcome !
Could you please tell me how many miles you had done before the remap and what differences are you feeling now on your bike ?

Andyc1511

Reaction score
Welcome !
Could you please tell me how many miles you had done before the remap and what differences are you feeling now on your bike ?
Hi. I'd covered 520 miles (give or take couple) and heard about the remap recall although Yamaha didn't contact me. In STD mode before the remap I found that the engine would 'surge' at fairly low speeds, which was a bit unnerving around roundabouts. The slightest touch on the throttle or small bump in the road and it was a nightmare! So, since the remap the throttle action is super smooth in STD (haven't tried A mode) and the 'surging' has gone! No more worries that it would leap towards the scenery around roundabouts. Its retained that proper get-up-and-go that it had before, just smoother in the first 1/4 twist of the throttle. I'm so glad I had it remapped, its the bike I always wanted it to be.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask if you need any other feedback

Cheers, Andy

derek28862

Reaction score
Have the same problem with mine the first mile i nearly high sided it and dented my confidence a bit in standard mode its really snatchy so going to see yamaha for the updated map and sort the o2 sensor from Kev

Andyc1511

Reaction score
Have the same problem with mine the first mile i nearly high sided it and dented my confidence a bit in standard mode its really snatchy so going to see yamaha for the updated map and sort the o2 sensor from Kev
And the good news is the ECU flash is covered under warranty. Its made a big difference to mine. Some guys and gals can live with the snatchy throttle but personally I didnt like it. May also be worth asking the dealer if there's any other recalls due as there's a headlight recall too, which I had done the same time. Wiring loom too short by all accounts and I'm sure there's other threads on here about it.

derek28862

Reaction score
Think that the snatchy throttle differs from bike to bike mine is just bearable in standard mode and has caught me out twice

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All the recalls have been posted on here for a while. Just have a look and u will find them