New Member Checklist

RMSJr

Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing research before considering an MT09 purchase. Have been riding an FZ1 for 20 years. Sold it and bought a KTM 790 Duke. Not happy with it. Would like to return to Yamaha. We'll see.

CurveRider

Reaction score
Hi All, Just joined after making a deposit on a `21 MT-09 Fluo. I'm a "Dragon" rider and live about 14 minutes from the curves. I can't wait for my new MT-09. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains, TN/USA.
2021-Yamaha-MT-09e_1.jpg

Turbine Fixer

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for having me become part of the forum. I just bought a new 2020 Tracer 900GT. Been wanting the bike for the past year and was in the shop and they marked it down considerably to move it - so I could not resist. Move it to my house !
Loved the look from the minute I seen it back in March 2019. Was a big fan of the FZ09 and thought I wanted one until the Tracer showed up. New love.
Being an old retired guy this seems to be the perfect bike for me. I rode liter sport bikes for years and years. The Tracer feels like a sport bike for grown ups to me.
Also have a Triumph Bonneville and a Honda 450X dirt bike.
Little tid-bit about me is that I am a moderator and a administrator on forms for my other two bikes, so I like to be part of communities of the rides I have.

Look forward to reading others experiences with these fantastic 900 triples.

RidingPassion

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm located in the Greater Seattle area and I currently own a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR and a 2018 CBR1000RR SP.
Looking to sell the 2005 CBR next year and buy a new MT-09.
So, I'm here to learn more from you folks about the MT-09.

JohnnyMoto

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm located in the Greater Seattle area and I currently own a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR and a 2018 CBR1000RR SP.
Looking to sell the 2005 CBR next year and buy a new MT-09.
So, I'm here to learn more from you folks about the MT-09.
I just joined today. You need to look up Dave at V Cycle Nut. He just moved from Florida to outside Seattle. Great guy and a loss to our local riding community. He is a solid guy with great knowledge and experience with all FZs/MTs, etc.
I own several bikes. Sold my 2010 R1 because values were high and my buddy had a baby on the way and said he had to sell his 2017 mint FZ09. I bought it. It’s my first bike with a quick shifter. I’m addicted to the quickshifter. When combined with open M4 exhaust, the “Triple” sound is hard to beat.

JohnnyMoto

Reaction score
My bike already came with Yamaha genuine “Comfort” seat. Previous owner said it was a game changer for him. Also, I know that suspension parts/setup have critics. I believe a great starting point is Dave Moss Tuning. I am familiar with him from when I owned an FZ07. Incidentally, my next purchase will likely be a 2021 MT07 to modify and share with my son.