New member from Edinburgh.

El Bandito

Reaction score
Hello from an excited chappy in Edinburgh. I've been checking through the site for a wee while now getting up to speed with what there is to know about the Tracer 900. Loads of great stuff to help me.
I'm deciding to move up from my MT07 which has been a great bike so had a test ride today and loved the Tracer. Engine is brilliant, love the riding position and felt straight at home mucking about round some twisties. The screen is an absolute shocker though!
Just need to finalise a deal next week....can't wait.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
welcome to the the forum El Bandito, I'm new here myself, taking a test ride on the Tracer this coming Thursday hoping it's as good as the reviews. I think that the front fairing (including mirrors) is better on the FZ6, but the engine is said to be great on the MT09 so I'm really looking forward to the ride. Hope you get the deal you're looking for :D

Last edited:

PM2017

Reaction score
Mt 09

Hello from an excited chappy in Edinburgh. I've been checking through the site for a wee while now getting up to speed with what there is to know about the Tracer 900. Loads of great stuff to help me.
I'm deciding to move up from my MT07 which has been a great bike so had a test ride today and loved the Tracer. Engine is brilliant, love the riding position and felt straight at home mucking about round some twisties. The screen is an absolute shocker though!
Just need to finalise a deal next week....can't wait.
Just make sure Jamie lets you take the regular MT 09 out for a test ride?!
I've put.a Puig touring screen on mine although I don't intend doing long range touring.
The tracer has better instruments but the MT 09 has raised the game with quickshifter and slipper clutch...

Taking the MT 09 in for it's 600 mile service this Saturday at 2pm if you're heading there this weekend??

El Bandito

Reaction score
The deed has been done. Yamaha Blue Tracer 900 ordered up. Now just have to wait till 1st June to get it.
15 sleeps to go.....