New member saying hi

Stonesie

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm Matt from Doncaster UK and at the moment I ride a Street Triple R, but it's not the most comfortable of things on longer rides and a recent 4 day weekend pointed out that it is pretty limited for carrying luggage or a pillion. Both together means the pillion wears a rucksack.

I tried the tiger 800, it was very competent but a bit, dull, didn't light my fire at all.

More power and better brakes? Tiger 1050 sport then? OK but top heavy and still not a fire lighter...... I do like a triple engine's characteristics.

All that brings me here, I did test the MT-09 before buying the STR and pretty much hated it for it's suspension and throttle snatch (it was one of the really early ones) but the Tracer is supposed to be better not only for my luggage/pillion needs but better suspension and throttle map, and those LED headlights look great. So when the MT tour came to my local biker meeting point on one of my days off it HAD to happen.

The Tracer I rode was a bit wobbly at low speed (Soft tyres??) and the throttle snatch was improved but still there but I was soon throwing it around quite aggressively and loving it but the group nature of the ride with no overtaking and only half an hour on the road was not ideal...
On Thursday the forecast is good, I'm off work and I have 2 hours with SMC Sheffields Red Tracer demo, If I do get one it will have to be the fast red one.

Just a quick pic of the current steed