groundhog

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just registered ! I am picking up my MT-09 Tracer first week in March and can't wait !!
I currently ride an XJR 1300 which I love and will be sad to see go but once I test rode the MT I just had to have it. I've even given up the fags to pay for it !
Looking forward to picking your brains and learning more about the bike

Cheers Trev

fizzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just registered ! I am picking up my MT-09 Tracer first week in March and can't wait !!
I currently ride an XJR 1300 which I love and will be sad to see go but once I test rode the MT I just had to have it. I've even given up the fags to pay for it !
Looking forward to picking your brains and learning more about the bike

Cheers Trev
Welcome Trev , plenty of friendly advice and help on here mate

Last edited by a moderator:

flipper

Reaction score
Welcome! It will be interesting to hear your views on living with the Tracer.

sigtrm

Reaction score
You also have problems with fags? Damn I see them everywhere, just yesterday two fags were kissing on tv, I switched channel and after 5 minutes next fags on screen. At least they do not take my money. I am glad you made it.

groundhog

Reaction score
Welcome! It will be interesting to hear your views on living with the Tracer.
Well, I've clocked up my first 250 miles on the Tracer and overall very happy. There are a couple of points I personally am a little less happy with. 1. The suspension feels a little harsh with the front feeling a little skittish for want of a better word, but then I'm used to my old XJR 1300 which was a bit like a soft and comfy armchair !! 2. I know there were issues with fuelling/mapping on the original MT and that this has apparently been addressed by Yamaha. I have not found any snatchiness on the throttle which i understand was a problem before but I do find if I am holding a steady throttle in any gear it feels less than smooth. Now I do have the Akro exhaust so maybe it's a something you get with that, and I don't remember having that feeling on the road test bike with standard exhaust. I am wondering if I were to soften the front end damping and pre load whether that will help with the suspension or will it mess up the otherwise great handling ?

Anyone's views or suggestions on either thing would be much appreciated.

Those things aside I love the bike and would recommend it to anyone !

sigtrm

Reaction score
1. The suspension feels a little harsh with the front feeling a little skittish for want of a better word, but then I'm used to my old XJR 1300 which was a bit like a soft and comfy armchair
You either have comphy chair or firm chair, or rather you actually adjust that.

I know there were issues with fuelling/mapping on the original MT !
(talking about MT-09 vanilla)
Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, emo's delusion, that is harsh, satan naked bike, dark side of japan not freaking tourer or pumped with electronics pseudo racing thingy. One more time: evil street naked bike, no more no less, also you are free to change it into what you want but it is not bike's problem but owners problem.

I am wondering if I were to soften the front end damping and pre load whether that will help with the suspension or will it mess up the otherwise great handling ?
Proper adjustment to rider's weight and riding conditions will do magic for sure. Experiment or find some good experienced shop they will set it up for you in no time. It is worth to pay some professional.

flipper

Reaction score
Well, I've clocked up my first 250 miles on the Tracer and overall very happy. There are a couple of points I personally am a little less happy with. 1. The suspension feels a little harsh with the front feeling a little skittish for want of a better word, but then I'm used to my old XJR 1300 which was a bit like a soft and comfy armchair !! 2. I know there were issues with fuelling/mapping on the original MT and that this has apparently been addressed by Yamaha. I have not found any snatchiness on the throttle which i understand was a problem before but I do find if I am holding a steady throttle in any gear it feels less than smooth. Now I do have the Akro exhaust so maybe it's a something you get with that, and I don't remember having that feeling on the road test bike with standard exhaust. I am wondering if I were to soften the front end damping and pre load whether that will help with the suspension or will it mess up the otherwise great handling ?

Anyone's views or suggestions on either thing would be much appreciated.

Those things aside I love the bike and would recommend it to anyone !
The rough feeling at steady throttle sounds like you need kev's o2 controller.

I cannot imagine that Yamaha have fixed the front end so some modification may be wanted.

groundhog

Reaction score
Cheers for that flipper I have read on here about kev's 02 contoller, I will look into that. Regarding the handling - overall it's fine, certainly so much lighter and agile than my XJR and I've only done a few hundred miles so far so maybe I just need to get more used to it. How much does the 02 controller cost ?