New MT-09 owner for the worst of reasons

djini

Reaction score
Hi all, I've bought a new MT-09 today as my old bike (A Honda NC750S) was stolen from some time during the night.

As is tradition I guess, I thought I'd join up the forum, and say hello to everyone before launching into all the usual new onwer questions :D

I was actually looking at the Yamaha MT (09 or 10) as my NC was a little pedestrian, but extremely suitable for the reason I'd bought one (London commute), or a VFR.

I think I made the right choice, it seems incredibly good value.

Anyway, thats all!

otaylor38

Reaction score
Welcome!

Yeah cracking bikes...

The VFR is getting outdated now imo. I've had one and it was a good bike.. but its just abit long in the tooth and hasnt moved on like everything around it has.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Bad luck on the stolen bike. A word springs to mind that sounds very much like runts.

VFR, outdated for sure but great bike, a clean low miler would make an excellent winter hack.

The only thing i keep hearing about the mt10 is how much fuel it drinks.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum [MENTION=2805]djini[/MENTION] Terrible to hear about the theft of your old bike :( I looked at the VFR but with the high milage I ride it would cost me a fortune in maintenance (the milage between servicing is much lower on the VFR).