New MT09 2017

highlander

Reaction score
Hmm, quite a nice upgrade!
The aesthetics don't do a lot for me although the rear numberplate hanger/mudguard was always needed.
I am mainly impressed the quickshifter and slipper clutch is now standard, and they've added compression damping to the forks.
And they improved the seat! So to me it really does look like they taken a lot of customer feedback and then thrown in the clutch upgrades too.

I am pretty sure the exhaust headers have changed slightly but I found no mention of engine or fuelling related changes
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-09.aspx

Davy

Reaction score
I like it, but I'm a fan of the MT10 looks too.. divides opinion. The MT10SP also looks fantastic, holding off for a Tracer though.. maybe..

chump

Reaction score
exhaust looks unchanged to me but is the silencer XSR style? that carbuncle on the back is awful, as is the headlight.

compression damping adjustment on the forks is a good thing............... if the damping is any good.

fuelling must be changed as it's now Euro 4, same as the XSR.

MT09 Kiwi

Reaction score
Love the new one from nose to tail, hopefully the fork adjusters have a meaningful effect, why has it still got the garbage rear shock, surely another couple of hundred on the price to allow for a decent rear shock (which Triumph seems to nail on there standard 675 and Street Triple) wouldn't hurt sales, why not complete the handling package. But the new looks are wicked and thoroughly modern, love it.

flydnb

Reaction score
I like it, but I'm a fan of the MT10 looks too.. divides opinion. The MT10SP also looks fantastic, holding off for a Tracer though.. maybe..
There isn't going to be a tracer with the cp4 engine mate , but there are plenty of touring bits to bolt on to a std mt10 anyway.

Davy

Reaction score
Yeh Fly I know, I've heard/read the same.. however in the words of a famous old character.. I don't believe it. The MT10 is crying out for a Tracer version, the 9 has one, the 7 now has one. This there wont be a Tracer MT10 in my opinion is just protecting sales of the naked version for the moment.. I could be wrong.. but..

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Hmm, quite a nice upgrade!
The aesthetics don't do a lot for me although the rear numberplate hanger/mudguard was always needed.
I am mainly impressed the quickshifter and slipper clutch is now standard, and they've added compression damping to the forks.
And they improved the seat! So to me it really does look like they taken a lot of customer feedback and then thrown in the clutch upgrades too.

I am pretty sure the exhaust headers have changed slightly but I found no mention of engine or fuelling related changes
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-09.aspx
Headlights seemed to mimic Tracer's without plastic cover and windshield.. it's a matter of time for eyes to get used the new style. Quickshifter, sliiper-clutch and left front leg rebound screw are welcome! Rear light is not so exposed as on 1st edition.
For the same price it remains a bargain..!
There are so much tecnology as the Traction Control and the 3-Mode button.... to "let the children play"....in a friendly way..

tjoffe

Reaction score
Think the headlight from the side looks like a droopy nose. Imagen it would be a lot better with a screen. Likeing it from the front tho... that new rear end setup is hidious. upper part is ok but that big thing on the Wheel.. seriously? on the Tracer it would be fine (looks like a ripof of the bmw800gs..) but on a naked bike? I know it would help for wetness reduction but.. and side reflex on a bracket? MAYBE if the reflex is changed to a flashmount LED turnsignal.. and loose the original.. hmmm.. need to Think about that one... :) The mt10sp is closing in on the s1000r tho.. .:)

chump

Reaction score
MT-10 is a big heavy thing. Loads of power but didn't like the bike much.

olivierzx

Reaction score
Headlights seemed to mimic Tracer's without plastic cover and windshield.. it's a matter of time for eyes to get used the new style. Quickshifter, sliiper-clutch and left front leg rebound screw are welcome! Rear light is not so exposed as on 1st edition.
For the same price it remains a bargain..!
There are so much tecnology as the Traction Control and the 3-Mode button.... to "let the children play"....in a friendly way..
On yamaha's website the 2017 model is 800$ more expensive than 2016.
Maybe then 2016 price has been lowered for the last bikes ...

the cueball

Reaction score
What do we think the chances of Yamaha doing a retro fit of the slipper clutch and quick-shifter onto the 2016 models?!?!