New MT09 2017

loneranger

Reaction score
I sold my 2015 last year and thinking of buying the new 2017 version in black. Anyone bought one yet? Any difference in ride quality and build. I founfd my last one started to rust after about 6 months . or shall i buy a second hand speed triple for £8k

bloggsy

Reaction score
dealer has taken my 2015 09 and I have a new one on order but wont be getting it until may because of other commitments, it is basically the same bike but some minor tweaks engine is smoother it has a quickshifter and slipper clutch and two traction control positions I had a demo out and liked it. don't know how it compares to the triumph.

bobh

Reaction score
IMHO, Yamaha's quality has slipped again, after peaking around 10 years ago. My FZ6 was almost pristine when I passed it on to a mate at about 6 years and 25,000 miles old, the 2012 FZ8 that replaced it is showing signs of age now, at a lower mileage, and the MT-07 that my daughter had for a couple of years was, frankly, not even up to Suzuki standard. I've only had the MT-09 for a year now, and only taken it out a couple of times this winter, but the bits that hadn't been treated with copious amounts of ACF50 were starting to look less than pristine.

Personally I think the Japanese-made (i.e. anything above the 650 twins) Kawasakis may be the best-finished bikes around right now.

olivierzx

Reaction score
3 months and about 3500 km on my 2017 model after 32000 km on my 2013 model.

The engine power is different, much smoother till you stay under 4000 rpm. But thanks to that no more injection troubles.
If you love the violence of the engine forget the 2017 model.

The suspension upgrade/update gives more precision but it's not enough.
The fork is now ok, but the rear still has to be changed.

The front lights are beautiful but unusefull, what a shame.

About 5% less fuel consumption.

The shifter is a gadget, not transparent at all.